Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pop Dot Home Decor in 10 easy steps......

Hi everyone!  I am finally getting back into the crafty groove...it feels awesome!  I have been creating alot of layouts using my Little Black Dress May kit, which I will be sharing in the next week or so. 

I also created a really easy, quick, and fun home decor project.  I am including a quick step by step tutorial below.  I would love to see your creations too. 


Pop Dot Home Decor
1.  Decide on a frame size.  You can use whatever size and configuration you want.  I used a 12x22 frame with 3 5x7 opening.

If this is a newly purchased frame, remove the 'fake people picture' insert and use this as a guide.  If you are using an old frame, cut a piece of paper the entire size of the frame, so in my example, a 12x22 piece of paper.

2.       Choose your background paper and cut to size.  (I cut 3 5x7 pieces)  I used the yummy Glitz paper from the Little Black Dress May kit for my background. 

3.  Choose your 'Pop Dot' paper.  Again, I used paper from the LBD May Kit.  The October Afternoon 'Five & Dime' collection was perfect for this.

4.  Choose your 'Circle Frame' paper.  I used the reverse side of the 'Pop Dot' paper.



5.  Punch out your circles.  I used a 1 1/2 scallop punch and punched 6 circles per opening.  (A total of 18 circles.)

 

6.  Ink the outside of each 'Circle Frame' and the outside of each punched circle.

7.  Adhere the 'Circle Frame' to the background paper, and adhere both papers to the paper you cut in step #1.  (the large 12x22 piece of paper or 'fake people' template)

8.  Stitch all three together, by stitching around the 'Circle Frame".


9.  Adhere pop dots to the back of each scalloped circle and place in the punched opening on the 'Circle Frame'.


10.  Frame and Enjoy!

Have a great night and wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Bente Fagerberg said...

Oh I love this Tina! I am totally addicted to frames of all kinds. This is such a fun and beautiful idea. Great project. Thanks for sharing!
Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Bente Fagerberg said...

Oh I love this Tina! I am totally addicted to frames of all kinds. This is such a fun and beautiful idea. Great project. Thanks for sharing!
Enjoy your day!