Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Scrap and Play weekend project shares!!! (and pictures too)

Happy Tuesday! 

This past weekend, my sister flew in from Ohio and we went to Midway, Utah to attend the CK Scrap & Play event.  It was a blast and we had alot of scrappy time.  The resort was beautiful and the weather was gorgeous!

Here is some pictures from the weekend.  I'm sure you will see some of them on future layouts.  :)


















It was a load of fun and we are looking forward to next year.

During these crops, I always try and create the layouts/projects that they are teaching.  It is always fun to learn new techniques and styles....BUT, the layouts rarely get finished and put into my scrapbooks for future keepsaking. 

During this weekend, I actually finished a layout, and when I got home, I added my pictures and put the 'Tina touch' onto the layout.  ALSO, this was a two page layout, which I rarely do.  (which is actually a little weird, because when I started scrapbooking, I did nothing but 2 page layouts.) 

This layout is so different than my usual style, but I really love the colors and design, so I thought, why not!  ;)

Here is the 2 page layout created during one of the classes.

'All Boy'




During the many classes, and of course chatting, eating, and visiting, I also worked on a couple of other layouts.  Here they are.....

'Ms. Sassy Pants'
This is my niece, looking sassy as ever.  She HATES to have her picture taken, but I can never pass up the opportunity for a great photo op.




The second layout was such a quick one, I amazed myself.  I am such a slooowowowwo scrapbooker, but I finished this one in about 30 min.

'Flikka'







It was a fantastic weekend, and I can't wait till I can spend sometime with my sister again.

Lastly, we FINALLY found a winner for my Memorial Weekend Challenge/RAK. 

Amanda Sherman was the winner and she contacted me with her details.  Congrats Amanda!

Thanks again for everyone who participated.  Look for another challenge at the end of summer.  ;)

Have a great day and happy crafting!

2 comments:

Steff said...

That 'All Boy' layout turned out way darling! Thanks again for a great time at Scrap and Play.

Ashley Horton said...

Great job on the two-pager Tina! Sometimes it's fun to get away from our "normal" style and do something totally different. I started out doing only two pagers too, but now I think I'm about 75% sinlge and 25% double! :)

2 comments:

Steff said...

That 'All Boy' layout turned out way darling! Thanks again for a great time at Scrap and Play.

Ashley Horton said...

Great job on the two-pager Tina! Sometimes it's fun to get away from our "normal" style and do something totally different. I started out doing only two pagers too, but now I think I'm about 75% sinlge and 25% double! :)