Sunday, July 24, 2011

Canvas Mixed Media {love} and awesome news!

Happy Sunday!  It's been a HOT one here today....around 100 degrees...will it ever cool down?!??!

A few weeks ago, Christy Tomlinson (of She Art fame) posted a creative challenge inspired by a friend of hers.  (Junelle Jacobsen)

Here is Junelle's fantastic mixed media art.....


And here is Christy's take on her design.



I immediately feel in love with the rolled paper idea, and also used some of the techniques she taught in the She Art workshop.

Here is the 'Tina' version of the challenge.  I really love the rolled vintage paper design....you might even see it in a future layout or two.


and some close-ups....




Now...for some totally awesome news!  I have been accepted to be on the first ever design team for a brand spanking new kit club.....'The Paper Bakery'.  This is an awesome kit club, with great product, ideas, and inspiration.  I can't wait to start creating! 


If you want to check it out......click here.

That's all for now....I hope you have a terrifically crafty week!

Tina

3 comments:

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

Congrats on your DT position at "The Paper Bakery"! That's so exciting. :) Your altered art layout is AMAZING! I love the background...it's fantastic..and I love the rolled paper. Really love this piece of art..:)

Ashley Horton said...

I LOVE the rolled paper on your canvas piece!! I'm going to have to try that on one of my layouts! Congrats on the new DT gig...can't wait to see the new layouts you'll be coming up with!

Eila Sandberg said...

That so totally FIGURES Tina!! The Paper Bakery and you are going to make some mighty fine cookies together! checked out both July's and June's kits - WOWSER!! Saw some rolled papers earlier this year and they do look awesome on a page. Your mixed media layout is so groovy baby!! ;)))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...