Friday, July 8, 2011

CCG#199 Focus on Typography

Happy Thursday (or Friday for my crafty friends outside of the US)

This is my first official DT layout created for Color Combos Galore!  (mini YAY!)

If you know my choice of color palettes, this isn't one that I would normally gravitate towards, but I was up for the challenge.  That's what is great about these challenges, they push you outside of your comfort zone.

Here's the palette for the week...

The design challenge was to focus on typography.  Use type in a different, uneven, or scattered look.

Here are some close-ups of my layout.





and here's the layout....


The layout started with a plain sheet of white cardstock, which I misted with one of my new favorite things, a plastic doily.  (I found an amazing auction on ebay of 100+ of these awesome doilies....love 'em).  I also used Sassafrass foldies and alphas, and some American Crafts stickers and embellies.  That's it.  ;)

As always, your comments are appreciated. 

Stay tuned for the first layout share from the Little Black Dress July kit.  :)

Have a great Friday!



3 comments:

Eila Sandberg said...

Hello sweets! the colours may not be exactly what you would choose yourself, but they are bright and vibrant - just up your alley! Also, I already knew that you are a pro with the alphas. The photo is just so superb as is the misting, I thought the paper actually came that way, looks so professional. Plastic doilies you say, now that's a good tip! Your LO really popped in the gallery over at CCG, its sharp as a samurai sword! Mwah!

scrapbookertink said...

Lovely design, so cool to use doilies for the mask to mist with, love it.

sandi said...

What a beautiful lo! I really like the mask background!

3 comments:

Eila Sandberg said...

Hello sweets! the colours may not be exactly what you would choose yourself, but they are bright and vibrant - just up your alley! Also, I already knew that you are a pro with the alphas. The photo is just so superb as is the misting, I thought the paper actually came that way, looks so professional. Plastic doilies you say, now that's a good tip! Your LO really popped in the gallery over at CCG, its sharp as a samurai sword! Mwah!

scrapbookertink said...

Lovely design, so cool to use doilies for the mask to mist with, love it.

sandi said...

What a beautiful lo! I really like the mask background!