Friday, July 29, 2011

CCG#202 'wo{man's} best friend.....

Over at Color Combos Galore, we are wrapping up our celebration of National Ice Cream Month with an icy-cool, tart palette.

Our Designer's Challenge is Focus on Trend: Use woodgrain products on your project, as inspired by the background in the Inspiration Photo. The woodgrain pattern can appear on patterned paper, embellishments, stamps, or even real wood. You really should check out the awesome projects the DT created this week.

Here is my take on the challenge. 





I tried to incorporate wood grain to the background paper by using a wood grain tool.  I really wasn't getting the effect I was going for, so my 'wood grain' doesn't look wood grain at all.
I also did a little twist on the well known saying, 'Man's Best Friend', and changed it to 'Wo(man's) Best Friend'.  And of course, the picture is Mr. Personality himself, Moosie.

As always, your comments are appreciated.  I hope you have a terrific weekend.

6 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

Hey Tina!
I would like to Say a BIG thanks for your comments on my blog & your Support on my GCD Studio layout......
Truly gr8ful & MUCH appreciated!
When it come from such talent as yourself!!!
I Love your LO....
The sewing on your Title looks totally Awesome & what a Gr8 title it is..
Enjoy your Weekend!
xx

scrapbookertink said...

I like the paint effect LOL, love the way you arranged the 3 pics, you have some gorgeous layouts on your blog especially like the Graduation one,

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

I love your background and I think it turned out superb! Love the stitching around the edges and your photo series...

Carolina said...

Beautiful! The paint effect looks great, and so does the rest of the LO!

Melinda said...

I totally LOVE you layout Tina!!! You background is amazing and so is your gorgeous stitching! Can't wait to see more of your amazing work :))xx

Eila Sandberg said...

Awwee - Mr Moose and his mummy! smoochie smoochie! thought the palette looked yummie when I saw it, but gosh I had absolutely zero to play with in my stash. Thanks sweetie for all your faithful visits and lovely comment, fills up my heart you know! xoxoxoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...