Sunday, July 3, 2011

Yes...you heard it right....I am one of the new DT members for Color Combos Galore!!!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Yes...you heard it right...I made the new Design Team for Color Combos Galore! :)  I am SUPER DUPER excited!  CCG is an amazing site and the ladies that participate on the weekly challenges are truly incredible.  The design team is one of the most talented around and all different types of scrapbooking styles are represented.

Here is the layout I created for CCG#198.  The challenge was to created a layout using the color palette, but be inspired by a vintage, retro, shabby, or heritage theme.


The picture is of my dad when he was in the Air Force, circa 1960-1963.  I have been wanting to do a layout titled 'Fast Cars & Freedom' for awhile, and this palette, design challenge and picture made a perfect combination.

Most of the layout was created with Sassafrass - LOVE this stuff! 

Here are some close-ups of the finished piece.






As always, your comments are welcome and appreciated. 

Have a Happy and Safe Fourth of July!

7 comments:

Lilith said...

Congrats on making the team. I just LOVE your layout. The layering, the stitching, the pins, the twine, everything so perfectly place. And picture was perfect for the combo. Can't wait to see your layouts.

Ashley Horton said...

What exciting news Tina!! You definitely deserve, because your work is amazing! I love the lo you created for your entry! Big Congrats!!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

congrats! Welcome to the team. With a layout like that its NO WONDER girl. You are amazing! Take care and have a great week.

Melinda said...

Hi Tina :))
CONGRATS on making the team! Looking forward to creating with you!! and that is one super duper gorgeous layout!!! Love the misting! Take care :))xx

Jasmine S said...

Congrats and great to being working with you at CCG. I just love your take on the combo and inspiration. Fab pic and love those misted stars.

Susan said...

I love this layout, all of the sewing and little details are just perfect!!

Eila Sandberg said...

When I saw the DT call, your name was the first that came up in my mind. You were such a self-evident choice that I just nodded to myself and ticked my box when I saw the list of names. As I wrote over at CCG, this is a fantastic page in every way. Love it big time! xoxoxo

7 comments:

Lilith said...

Congrats on making the team. I just LOVE your layout. The layering, the stitching, the pins, the twine, everything so perfectly place. And picture was perfect for the combo. Can't wait to see your layouts.

Ashley Horton said...

What exciting news Tina!! You definitely deserve, because your work is amazing! I love the lo you created for your entry! Big Congrats!!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

congrats! Welcome to the team. With a layout like that its NO WONDER girl. You are amazing! Take care and have a great week.

Melinda said...

Hi Tina :))
CONGRATS on making the team! Looking forward to creating with you!! and that is one super duper gorgeous layout!!! Love the misting! Take care :))xx

Jasmine S said...

Congrats and great to being working with you at CCG. I just love your take on the combo and inspiration. Fab pic and love those misted stars.

Susan said...

I love this layout, all of the sewing and little details are just perfect!!

Eila Sandberg said...

When I saw the DT call, your name was the first that came up in my mind. You were such a self-evident choice that I just nodded to myself and ticked my box when I saw the list of names. As I wrote over at CCG, this is a fantastic page in every way. Love it big time! xoxoxo