Thursday, September 1, 2011

CCG#207 ~flikka dog~

Hello everyone and welcome to September! This month’s theme over at Color Combos Galore is all about books and reading, we have a lot of fun images and challenges in store for you so let’s get started!!

This week's Designer Challenge: Focus on Type - Dictionary or Text type prints. You can use paper, stamps, or products with this type of print on them. If you don’t have any of these products, use your computer and get digital, download images or make your own. Put your thinking caps on and get creative!

Here's my take and my inspiration from the challenge.

The challenge was to use dictionary or text type prints.  I pulled out a couple of pages from one of my old dictionaries and use this paper as accent pieces on my page.  I also used several 7 gypsies rub-on words on the page for more wordy effect.  Lastly, I stamped words on my kraft sheet background.  If you look close, you can see the slight effect of words.






This was a great challenge...stop on over at Color Combos Galore check out the other DT projects.  Be inspired.  :)

http://colorcombosgalore.ning.com/



4 comments:

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

Stunning take on the challenge Tina! Love the beautiful photos, layout design and the way you've used type in the form of rub-ons and dictionary pages...

Fi said...

Great job Tina, I love the way you stitched those paper strips they look so great. Photos are adorable and I like how you used the doily.

sandi said...

Oh Tina this is just so sweet! I love what you did here...the mix and design is wonderful and those pics are just so, so cute! Perfect!

Melinda said...

WOW I just LOVE this Tina!! The stamped background looks awesome and so does that masking!! :))xx

4 comments:

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

Stunning take on the challenge Tina! Love the beautiful photos, layout design and the way you've used type in the form of rub-ons and dictionary pages...

Fi said...

Great job Tina, I love the way you stitched those paper strips they look so great. Photos are adorable and I like how you used the doily.

sandi said...

Oh Tina this is just so sweet! I love what you did here...the mix and design is wonderful and those pics are just so, so cute! Perfect!

Melinda said...

WOW I just LOVE this Tina!! The stamped background looks awesome and so does that masking!! :))xx