Friday, September 23, 2011

CCG#210 and a couple of layouts for LBD

Happy Friday everyone!

Today, I'd like to share several layouts/projects. 

Yesterday was this weeks reveal for Color Combos Galore.  I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the palette this week.  Colors right up my alley.  I love it so much, I might have to do another layout.  :)

This month’s theme is all about books and reading, we have a lot of fun images and challenges in store for you so let’s get started!! This week's Designer Challenge: Focus on Paper - Architectural, Woodgrain, Ledger or Geometric. Lots of possibilities! This challenge is designed for you to include any of these papers into your project. I hope you have fun with it this week!




Since Halloween is right around the corner {doing a mini Halloween dance}, I thought I'd create a project that I could display for Halloween.  I used one of the new 7 gypsies solo trays (which I won a few weeks ago- thank you 7gypsies) and the MME Halloween collection from last year.  (perfect match for palette this week)

The shadow box was white, so I painted it to match one of the colors from the palette.  I then used a Ranger Distress stain to antique it a bit.  I wanted a more vintage, worn look, so I covered the entire piece with Ranger Distress Crackle Paint.  (love, love, love this stuff).

I cut my paper to fit in each cubby, filled the cubbies with fun MME and Tim Holtz embellies.  In order to hang the shadow box, I screw 2 mini hangers on the top and wrapped ribbon thru the holes.  I also screwed a mini hanger on the bottom and hung another Halloween embellishment from the MME collection.

I had alot of fun creating this shadow box and can't wait to create some more.

Here's the finished project....



and here are lots of close-ups....















I would also like to share 2 more layouts/projects I created for The Little Black Dress kit club, with the September kit.

Titled 'Fly High'





The last share is a quick project I created using bits and pieces from the September kit, plus a canvas that I had laying around.




I hope you enjoyed my shares.  As always, your comments are appreciated.

I hope your weekend is SUPER FAB!!



7 comments:

Sarah said...

Gorgeous projects. I absolutely love that tray!!!

Heather Jacob said...

wow these are just amazing Tina I adore your style there is so many techniques and beautiful elements to guide my eye over your work .. magical .. hugz x

Eila Sandberg said...

Ay ay ay L-O-V-E the halloween project even more now that I've been able to reeeeallly check out the fabulous details up close!! You know that I'm totally mesmerized by your layouts Tina, love 'em both! xoxox

scrapbookertink said...

Wow, lots to look at loving the Halloween project, take care, Doreen x

Bente Fagerberg said...

Gorgeous shares. I loved your CCG project at first sight and the other projects look lovely too. I love your style Tina!! Tfs and have a great day!!

Tiffany Davis said...

Wow! I love your Halloween Sign. Great Job!

sandi said...

Wow! I love all of your creations! Stunning Tina, simply stunning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...