Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Purple Pumpkin October Sketch Challenge

WOW - 2 posts in one day!  Butter me up...I'm on a roll.  :) (I am really out of control)

Several of my crafty friends are on the DT over at the PURPLE PUMPKIN and this month, they have an awesome sketch challenge.  I've had more time than normal for crafting, so I thought I'd play along with the challenge this month.

Here's the sketch.
and my finished layout.

I rotated the sketch to the left 45 degrees for my layout.  I don't know about you, but I am in love with Simple Stories patterned paper collections.  The colors are rich, and the patterns and designs are fantastic!  I used pieces and parts from my September 'Paper Bakery' kit.  Love this kit!!! 

The journaling reads:  "Curls?, yes.  But this is actually a picture of my dad as a toddler.  Look at those long, wavy curls."  

I love this picture of my dad.  He had such blonde, curly hair as a kid.  Isn't he adorable??  :)

Here are some close-ups of the layout.







That's all for today (at least I think so).  Have a terrific evening!

10 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

Hey YA Tina!!!
SO LOVE your Take on the PP Sketch....
TOTALLY FABBO Girl.......
That photo of your Dad when he was a Child is SUPER CUTE!!!
xx

Sarah said...

Love this layout, as usual :) I love those curls too!!

Crece said...

Hi Tina, Love your take on the sketch, you have done a lovely job.
Thanks for playing along with us at Purple Pumpkin xxx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Totally gorgeous! Love the colour, the sun and the whole theme! The pics are adorable too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Purple Pumpkin! :D

Helen Tilbury said...

Love this layout Tina & I agree that paper line looks amaaaayzing!!!

sandi said...

Wow! This is awesome! Love the papers and your take on the sketch! The pic of your dad is so sweet! Just fab Tina!

Kylie said...

flipping the sketch looks great..like all the PP embellishments...thanks for playing along at PP

Bente Fagerberg said...

I love this Tina. Suh a gorgeous older photo too. Wonderful!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Oooh I do love this page Tina! the papers are yummie yummie and you have done such a fab take on the sketch. You know what a sucker I am for old photos, the one of your dad is adorable! mwah!

Tracey Taylor said...

I really love what you did with the stitching on the sun. Great page!

10 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

Hey YA Tina!!!
SO LOVE your Take on the PP Sketch....
TOTALLY FABBO Girl.......
That photo of your Dad when he was a Child is SUPER CUTE!!!
xx

Sarah said...

Love this layout, as usual :) I love those curls too!!

Crece said...

Hi Tina, Love your take on the sketch, you have done a lovely job.
Thanks for playing along with us at Purple Pumpkin xxx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Totally gorgeous! Love the colour, the sun and the whole theme! The pics are adorable too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Purple Pumpkin! :D

Helen Tilbury said...

Love this layout Tina & I agree that paper line looks amaaaayzing!!!

sandi said...

Wow! This is awesome! Love the papers and your take on the sketch! The pic of your dad is so sweet! Just fab Tina!

Kylie said...

flipping the sketch looks great..like all the PP embellishments...thanks for playing along at PP

Bente Fagerberg said...

I love this Tina. Suh a gorgeous older photo too. Wonderful!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Oooh I do love this page Tina! the papers are yummie yummie and you have done such a fab take on the sketch. You know what a sucker I am for old photos, the one of your dad is adorable! mwah!

Tracey Taylor said...

I really love what you did with the stitching on the sun. Great page!