Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dear Santa.....

Happy Late Monday/Early Tuesday my crafty friends!

For the past several days, you've seen several projects that were created with the "Home for the Holidays", Limited Edition Paper Bakery kit.  The papers in the kit are from The Scrap Cake's 'Cozy Xmas' collection and they incredibly beautiful.
The kit also contained Pink Paislee's 'Snow Day' ephemera collection.  I used parts from both of these 2 collections to create a mini album.  They complemented each other very well and I was able to create the mini album in less than 2 hours.  (which is pretty fast for me).

The title of the mini album is 'Dear Santa'. 
Even though my kids are grown and I don't generally ask for anything special for Christmas, I thought it would be fun to create a mini album of the 'toys' that are on my Christmas wish list this year.





The pages of the mini album were created from this paper.  As you can see, the rectangles on the A side made for a perfect instant mini album. 


After cutting out each rectangle, I folded each in half and used each half as a page in my album.

For each 'wish list' item, I added some Pink Paislee ephemera and more of Scrap Cake paper.

For the center of the album, I took apart the heart mini album that was included in the kit and used 2 of the pages for my center page.  I covered each page with more of the Scrap Cake papers and placed more Pink Paislee ephemera die cuts for design.


More 'wish list' pages.....

To finish off the mini album, I hole-punched 2 holes and binded the album together with binder rings.  I tied several ribbon to each binder ring and the mini album was complete.

The last layout I completed using this Limited Edition kit is titled 'Sibling Love'. 
(The photo is of a co-workers children.  (Thank you Jason).)

I lightly gessoed the paper before adhering the photo and embellishments.  It muted the background even more and evened out the paper design.








I had so much fun with this kit.  I believe there are still some available, but they are EXTREMELY limited.  Please contact SARAH with any questions.

That's all for today.  As always, I appreciate your comments and love to hear what you have to say - even if it's just HI!!!

Have a great Tuesday!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

LOVE.LOVE.LOVE this album!! My mom loves those cowboy boots too. hahaha Just gorgeous!!

Ashley Horton said...

That is an amazing mini, Tina! I can't believe you got all of that done within two hours!!

Diana Waite said...

I don't think I ever comment how much I love your creations--I just pin and go! They're AWESOME!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

LOVE.LOVE.LOVE this album!! My mom loves those cowboy boots too. hahaha Just gorgeous!!

Ashley Horton said...

That is an amazing mini, Tina! I can't believe you got all of that done within two hours!!

Diana Waite said...

I don't think I ever comment how much I love your creations--I just pin and go! They're AWESOME!