Monday, December 19, 2011

Fun with Faber Castells gelatos.......

Hello everyone!  Just a quick share today...

This past weekend, I wanted to create something with my Faber Castell gelatos....have you ever tried these?  I will warn you, they are addicting...they create a fun water color look when stamping with water.

The first layout is of Flikka. I got a new Instax mini this past weekend and had to try it out....

For the gelato technique, spray a couple spritz of water on your stamp then rub the gelato all over the stamp.  When you stamp, the effect is water color like - kinda cool, huh?



I used the same technique for the second layout, layering my stamped images over top the paper.






That's all for today....have a great one!

5 comments:

Nitasha said...

Awesome layouts! I have seen the Gelatos at the store and thought about trying them, but now I'm really convinced that I should give them a whirl! Thanks so much for the inspiration! Happy Holidays!

sophie said...

love love these!!!!! wow! so arty this stamping! love the garland effect on the second layout!

Diana Waite said...

I have never heard of gelatos but the look is AMAZING! I just love these layouts--seriously going to pin these! :)

Susan said...

I love your layouts, especially the Elf on the Shelf. He is just so darn cute! I will definitely have to give the gelatos a try with stamps, I love this technique. Have a Merry Christmas Tina!!

Susan said...

I love your layouts, especially the Elf on the Shelf. He is just so darn cute! I will definitely have to give the gelatos a try with stamps, I love this technique. Have a Merry Christmas Tina!!

5 comments:

Nitasha said...

Awesome layouts! I have seen the Gelatos at the store and thought about trying them, but now I'm really convinced that I should give them a whirl! Thanks so much for the inspiration! Happy Holidays!

sophie said...

love love these!!!!! wow! so arty this stamping! love the garland effect on the second layout!

Diana Waite said...

I have never heard of gelatos but the look is AMAZING! I just love these layouts--seriously going to pin these! :)

Susan said...

I love your layouts, especially the Elf on the Shelf. He is just so darn cute! I will definitely have to give the gelatos a try with stamps, I love this technique. Have a Merry Christmas Tina!!

Susan said...

I love your layouts, especially the Elf on the Shelf. He is just so darn cute! I will definitely have to give the gelatos a try with stamps, I love this technique. Have a Merry Christmas Tina!!