Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Stuck?! Dec 1st sketch challenge and holiday project shares....

Hi everyone!  How have your holidays been so far?  I hope you have been able to spend sometime with your family and friends and get to relax a bit. 
I've been in Ohio for the Holidays, visiting with my family, but I've been able to scrapbook with my sister while I've been here.  We make it an annual event!  It's always a great time and we get to gossip about all the happenings and laugh about the most random of things.

Today, I'd like to share a layout (or two) I created this past week.  My first share is a layout I created using the December 1st Stuck?! sketch.

Here's the sketch...


and my take on the sketch.  I twisted things around a bit, but I was really in love with the banners, so this was my interpretation.


I was also able to create these layouts while on Holiday.  I have more to share, but still need to take some photos of my layouts, so I'll share them later this week.

The first one was created while my sis and I were scrapbooking at Archivers.  I got a fun little Fuji Instax camera for Christmas (can you say 'INSTANT' love?).  I took the pictures while we were cropping and scrapped them right then and there.  So FUN!!





My last share was created using a great little technique I found in a recent Somerset Studio's magazine (and can't remember the exact issue - I'll have to get the information from my sister).  The idea is to layer several pieces of paper and photos on a photo copier/scanner to create fun, unique paper.  I played around with this, using sewing pattern tissue paper, vintage photos of my mom, and patterned paper from October afternoon.  I layered the 3 papers to create this awesome 8.5 x 11 unique paper, which I then embellished with some other fun items..

I plan on playing around with this idea some more to see what other inspiration I can find using this great technique.





I head back to Utah tomorrow - bright and early - UGH!!!  But I still have a few more days before I go back to work in January, so lots more crafty time!!!  :)

Talk to you soon!  Happy Crafting!!!

3 comments:

Bente Fagerberg said...

Woohoo that is such a cool new concept! i would love to try that technique soon!
That vintage photo is so cool too. Awesome page!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome pages Tina!! You know I am a BIG fan of your banners, so I love your take on the Stuck?! sketch!! I am jealous of your trip to Archivers!! :) How fun to take photos in the store and scrap them right there!! And that last one...what a cool technique! I've never thought about that before, but it turned out really amazing!

Diana Waite said...

what a cool Technique! Really like the banners on your first layout too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...