Friday, January 13, 2012

CSI Case File#2 - Just Be

Hello, Hello, Hello.....

CSI Case File#2 was revealed tonight and it was another amazing challenge -
The Scene, The Evidence, and The Testimony.

Wanna see it???

The evidence I found at the scene was:

1.  Flowers
2.  Swirls/Flourishes

The testimony I received from the suspect was some advice. 
(Journaling reads:)  "I have a very simple rule to live by.  Just be who you are.  Just be who you want to be.  Just be who you dream you are.  Just be."

Here is my finished layout and some close-ups.



{journaling is hidden behind the flowers}





I used some of my favorite companies in this layout - lots of Crate Paper, Sassafras, and Pink Paislee.

Since I had so much fun creating a short design video last week, (for my first CSI layout), I thought I would continue this idea for all the layouts I create for CSI.  I would love to hear what you think about this idea and about the videos too!

Here's what I put together this week.


Please check out the other amazing inspiration from my fellow CSI Design Team members.  I was so blown away last week by their creations....I'm sure this week won't disappoint.

I hope you have a terrific weekend!  Stay crafty.

9 comments:

Heather M said...

I like the bright colors, stitching & butterflies in your LO. I always like to watch videos for techniques & its easier to understand how something is done.

Diana Waite said...

WOW this is FABULOUS, great colors and texture!

Ladyofthelake318 said...

I'm loving the CSI challenges -- you did a great job with this!

Eila Sandberg said...

Hi ya! loooved hearing your voice! curious as to whereabouts in the US you originate? neat tuts both of them, thanks a bunch for sharing them! definitely want to have more! as always you have such fantastic use of white space, beautifully balanced elements, am always impressed with how easily you make colours work brilliantly for you. xxx

Nitasha said...

Your layout is gorgeous! And, yes, please keep making the videos because I love to hear the thoughts behind your design and then great tips that you have for adding visual interest to your layouts!

Oh, and a little off topic, but I LOVE your desktop! There is a similar one (if not the same) at Ikea that I have eyeing at Ikea for a while, but alas I have no where to put it! :(

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing your time and talent!

Ellen Porter said...

Good advice! Loving all the flowers and other prettiness on this LO.

Debbi Tehrani said...

Another fab layout and another awesome video, Tina! Just love hearing your thoughts about your pages!

Christina Collins said...

I am so happy I stumbled upon your blog. Your layouts are so inspiring and gorgeous and CSI has to be the coolest scrappy challenge website I've ever seen. I can't wait to get started! :)

Ashley Horton said...

What an amazing take on the CSI file, Tina!! I love the hidden journaling behind your flowers!!

9 comments:

Heather M said...

I like the bright colors, stitching & butterflies in your LO. I always like to watch videos for techniques & its easier to understand how something is done.

Diana Waite said...

WOW this is FABULOUS, great colors and texture!

Ladyofthelake318 said...

I'm loving the CSI challenges -- you did a great job with this!

Eila Sandberg said...

Hi ya! loooved hearing your voice! curious as to whereabouts in the US you originate? neat tuts both of them, thanks a bunch for sharing them! definitely want to have more! as always you have such fantastic use of white space, beautifully balanced elements, am always impressed with how easily you make colours work brilliantly for you. xxx

Nitasha said...

Your layout is gorgeous! And, yes, please keep making the videos because I love to hear the thoughts behind your design and then great tips that you have for adding visual interest to your layouts!

Oh, and a little off topic, but I LOVE your desktop! There is a similar one (if not the same) at Ikea that I have eyeing at Ikea for a while, but alas I have no where to put it! :(

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing your time and talent!

Ellen Porter said...

Good advice! Loving all the flowers and other prettiness on this LO.

Debbi Tehrani said...

Another fab layout and another awesome video, Tina! Just love hearing your thoughts about your pages!

Christina Collins said...

I am so happy I stumbled upon your blog. Your layouts are so inspiring and gorgeous and CSI has to be the coolest scrappy challenge website I've ever seen. I can't wait to get started! :)

Ashley Horton said...

What an amazing take on the CSI file, Tina!! I love the hidden journaling behind your flowers!!