Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fun with Lightroom

Hello everyone!  The first week of the New Year is just whizzing by - don't cha think??

Early this week, I shared some of my favorite photos of 2011.  To be honest, I haven't pulled my DSLR out to take 'real' pictures is quite sometime.  (other than my weekly scrapbook layout photos).  So, it got me inspired to get out (in the cold) and take some pictures of the beautiful Utah skyline.

When taking photos, I like to create cool and interesting effects with Photoshop Lightroom.  If you have never tried it (and like different effects on your pictures), you should try it.  Be warned, it is VERY pricey, but if you enjoy photography, it's well worth the money.

I thought it would be fun to share the original picture I took (pre-editing), and some edited versions.  I would LOVE to hear what you think, and what effects are your favorites.  (I'll number the pictures so you can reference them easily.)

Here we go....

Picture 1
Original picture


(btw - this is the view from my back yard)  :)

Picture 1 - Version 1


Picture 1 - Version 2


Picture 1 - Version 3


Picture 1 - Version 4


Picture 1 - Version 5


The mountains actually are pretty 'snow-less'.  It hasn't snowed much yet this year and they look really brown for January.

Picture 2
Original picture


Picture 2 - Version 1



Picture 2 - Version 2


Picture 2 - Version 3



Picture 2 - Version 4


and the final picture....

Picture 3
Original Picture


Picture 3 - Version 1


Picture 3 - Version 2


Picture 3 - Version 3



Lightroom is amazing, huh?  I LOVE it!  Can't wait to read what you think.

6 comments:

blsd2scrp said...

wow! love these photos! how cool to have a view like that from your backyard!!!

Diana Waite said...

AMAZING view! love all the takes on the photos--I've got elements and STILL trying to figure that out! :)

blsd2scrp said...

Gave your blog a shout out on my blot!

Sarah said...

HOW COOL!! I need this :)

Eila Sandberg said...

Seriously, is that mountain chain the view from your backyard?! amazing photos my dear and even more amazing what you can do with the PS add-on! xxx

charli said...

gorgeous pics and changes too!!

6 comments:

blsd2scrp said...

wow! love these photos! how cool to have a view like that from your backyard!!!

Diana Waite said...

AMAZING view! love all the takes on the photos--I've got elements and STILL trying to figure that out! :)

blsd2scrp said...

Gave your blog a shout out on my blot!

Sarah said...

HOW COOL!! I need this :)

Eila Sandberg said...

Seriously, is that mountain chain the view from your backyard?! amazing photos my dear and even more amazing what you can do with the PS add-on! xxx

charli said...

gorgeous pics and changes too!!