Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sketches and Tangerine Tango.....

Hi everyone! 

Today, I would like to share my take on The Paper Bakery, January Sketch #2. Once again, Grace outdid herself. This was such an awesome sketch and I had alot of fun with it. Here's the sketch.

You still have a couple of days to get working on your sketch.  They are due Sunday, January 29th.


In addition to using the sketch, I wanted to incorporate the 2012 Color of the Year - Tangerine Tango into my layout. In case you haven't seen the Pantone color of the year, here are a couple of images that give you an idea of this color. I would love to hear if you love it or hate it! I LOVE it - but then again, orange is one of my fave colors (at the moment) :)




It's a pretty bold, bright color, huh?

For my layout, I actually kept to the sketch pretty close, but 'crunched' all of the elements into a block. Blocking is such a fun, easy way to create alot of visual interest to a layout. Since the Tangerine Tango is so bold, I used it in moderation, but still enough to have impact.




That's all for today. 
I would love to hear what you think about the sketch and Tangerine Tango!

4 comments:

sandi said...

Love this! Looks fab!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This

is


AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helen Tilbury said...

Love this blocked layout Tina! At first I hated Tangerine Tango but now I've got used to it I like it! I'm also trying to incorporate it into my work a bit this year - I think it represents positivity after a pretty tough year worldwide...

Diana Waite said...

this is GREAT Tina!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...