Friday, January 6, 2012

The time has come....

It is finally January 6th, and the big reveal day is here!  CSI - Colors, Stories, & Inspiration has launched and the first challenge is up and ready for your creations!

Here is the first official CSI challenge.  Don't you just LOVE this color palette???  I immediately fell in love with it - and who doesn't love 'Alice in Wonderland' and Johnny Depp.  *yum*


I used the following elements from the challenge for my layout:

1.  Obviously, the color palette.  It is divine!  Perfect colors for my liking.
2.  Repeated stamp in the background - Using a Crafters Workshop stencil, I painted repeating circles on my page.  Simple, but effective technique.
3.  Numbers:  Numbers, you ask.  There aren't any numbers on my layout.  The numbers are implied by the use of the bottom of a bingo card.  When looking for a number inspiration in my stash, I came across my stash of vintage bingo cards.  I didn't want to use the number portion, but used the totally random bottom section.
4.  Journal something silly:  My journaling is about the fantastic photo apps on iPhone, iPads, and our phone devices.  I always have fun with these apps and it always brings out the silliness in me.

I thought I would try something new this week.  In celebration of the BIG REVEAL!  Instead of just showing you photos of my layout, I created a short video of my design process.  You can see the layout in 3-D and hear me explain (in quick detail) how I created the layout.
(I apologize in advance for the quality of the video.  I made it late last night and the lighting wasn't the best)  I hope you enjoy it. 


For those that prefer to see the layout in a traditional format, I am also including photos of my layout, complete with close-ups.








Please check out the other amazing DT creations.  We all had so much fun with the challenge this week.  I hope you can play along.

Have a fantastic weekend!  I hope it is full of crafting.  :)

4 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Your layout is even more awesome seeing it close up like this and hearing about your process. So thrilled to have you on my team!

Eila Sandberg said...

Oooh loved hearing your voice IRL! really neat tut, thanks a lot for sharing! pics never give justice to pages and I am so happy to see you holding it and seeing all the glorious details closer up. Another ooooh coming up seeing your list of upcoming publications! TOOOOOT! remember what I told you waaaay back last year? hugs, E

Connie said...

Hi Tina~Congrats on the CSI team. Your gonna be busy!!!!but a "good" busy!!! Love your and can't wait to see more of it!!!

Diana Waite said...

what a uniquely fun challenge! I really like your take--AWESOME!

4 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Your layout is even more awesome seeing it close up like this and hearing about your process. So thrilled to have you on my team!

Eila Sandberg said...

Oooh loved hearing your voice IRL! really neat tut, thanks a lot for sharing! pics never give justice to pages and I am so happy to see you holding it and seeing all the glorious details closer up. Another ooooh coming up seeing your list of upcoming publications! TOOOOOT! remember what I told you waaaay back last year? hugs, E

Connie said...

Hi Tina~Congrats on the CSI team. Your gonna be busy!!!!but a "good" busy!!! Love your and can't wait to see more of it!!!

Diana Waite said...

what a uniquely fun challenge! I really like your take--AWESOME!