Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February LBD Layouts!!

Happy Late Tuesday/Early Wednesday depending on the part of the world you live in!

Today, I will be sharing the February layouts I created for The Little Black Dress Kit Club.  This will also be my last month as a member of their DT.  I recently stepped down from the DT as other commitments have been keeping me busy.  I would like to say THANK YOU to the awesome ladies over at LBD and for providing me with my first DT assignment.  I have really enjoyed playing with the kits every month and they will remain one of my favorites clubs.

Without further adieu, let's get on to the reveal!

'Authentic'
I used a vintage photo of my mom, circa '1960'.  The papers in the kit this month were gorgeous: full of greens, oranges, and blues.  MY FAVES!  I cut some square scraps and randomly stitched them to the top of the page.  The kit came with these awesome Jillibean Soup cardboard alphas!   Don't you just love 'em?






'dad'
So it was only right to also create a layout using a vintage photo of my dad, circa 1950.  I'm not sure who took this picture, but the picture is of him and my grandmother walking down the street in La Crosse, Wisconsin.  I used more scraps and tidbits from the kit and clustered them down the right side.






'full of happy'
My next layout is me.  :)  I wanted to keep the design simple and clean and keep the focus on the photo.





'Dream big'
My next layout is of my youngest, when he was little.  Awww...isn't he so adorable?  ;)



'home'
I wanted to keep the focus on the photo in this layout too.  I used a simple design to support the photo.  FYI - this is a picture out my backdoor.  :)



'wild things'
My last layout includes one of my favorite things to photograph - random landscape and scenery.  I caught this picture one day on my way home from work and love the simplicity and natural feel.





That is all for today.  I hope you enjoyed the February kit.  For more details and to order your February kit, please visit the Little Black Dress Kit Club.

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

missybossy65 said...

Wow wee what amazing layouts! I simply couldn't choose a favourite :0) I am in awe of the view from your back door, you would be appalled to see what I have to look at, lol!!

Ashley Horton said...

These are all amazing Tina! You always have the greatest little touches on your pages! I am sure they will miss you at LBD, but I know you will keep on creating some awesome pages!! :)

soapHOUSEmama said...

you never cease to amaze! I just love these-all of them!!!!

Diana Waite said...

I'm SERIOUSLY loving everything I see! love the stitching and layering and quilt feel--AMAZING!

Helen Tilbury said...

Wow so many great layouts! Love the last 2 the best!! Home and Wild Ride are particularly great!! The view outside my back door is the sea! It is a few km's away though...your view is flippin' awesome!!

sandi said...

Great pages! Love your sewing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...