Monday, February 6, 2012

Who loves Washi Tape?? {holds hand up high}

So who loves Washi Tape?  If the entire world didn't love it, I think I have bought enough of it to keep the entire Washi Tape manufacturing process in full production.  I think I am 'a little' obsessed!

Last Friday, over at the Paper Bakery, I shared a couple of Washi Tape tips and ideas. 

For those that didn't see the post, I thought I'd share some of these quick tips on how to use washi tape on your projects.

1. Use it to make a cute little banner or flag.


This is so simple to do. Take your favorite pin, paper clip, toothpick, or stick, and fold a little piece of washi around it. Trim off the tip (if you want) for a cute shape and VIOLA..you are done.

2. Make a custom-made flower embellishment.

Take a large glue dot (or gluber) and adhere the tape to the edge, working your way around the dot. Slowly move towards the inside of the glue dot and when the entire dot is covered, place a brad, button, flair, punched circle, or other embellishment in the center. Number two COMPLETE!

3.  Use washi tape as a border for your photo.

This is another super simple way to dress up your pages and is a different look than your typical paper matting. It’s also a great way to add subtle color in layers, without adding bulk.

Here is a layout I created using the Paper Bakery February kit(s) and one of my hand-made washi tape embellishments.




I would love to see your washi tape projects.  Leave a comment with a link to your washi tape project.  I'll check 'em out!

Thank you for stopping by!

Tina

7 comments:

Moongirl said...

Those are great ideas! I have yet to try any.

soapHOUSEmama said...

Great post! I LOVE washi tape and use it on most layouts :) Here is a link to my most "heavy" washi LO: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/member/498045-soaphousemama/1793156-snow-buddies/

Diana Waite said...

wow--AMAZING!

missybossy65 said...

Oh no I haven't seen washi tape on any of the UK websites.......I NEED it!! I shall be patient it will eventually make it's way over here and until then I shall just admire from afar! I love the embellishment you made on your layout, clever lady :0)

Fran Brunke said...

Wonderful washi tape suggestions - very beautiful and creative. I too am obsessed by washi tape at the moment - but I had no idea what to do with it! TFS and now I shall continue amassing washi tape.

Susan said...

I am totally addicted to washi tape!!! I just created a layout where i used some washi tape! Love your layout Tina.

Helen Tilbury said...

Beautiful layout & I am a washi tape fanatic - have some more on the way right now! Coming from China this time!! LOVE your ideas - will definitely be making use of them - THANK YOU!!

7 comments:

Moongirl said...

Those are great ideas! I have yet to try any.

soapHOUSEmama said...

Great post! I LOVE washi tape and use it on most layouts :) Here is a link to my most "heavy" washi LO: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/member/498045-soaphousemama/1793156-snow-buddies/

Diana Waite said...

wow--AMAZING!

missybossy65 said...

Oh no I haven't seen washi tape on any of the UK websites.......I NEED it!! I shall be patient it will eventually make it's way over here and until then I shall just admire from afar! I love the embellishment you made on your layout, clever lady :0)

Fran Brunke said...

Wonderful washi tape suggestions - very beautiful and creative. I too am obsessed by washi tape at the moment - but I had no idea what to do with it! TFS and now I shall continue amassing washi tape.

Susan said...

I am totally addicted to washi tape!!! I just created a layout where i used some washi tape! Love your layout Tina.

Helen Tilbury said...

Beautiful layout & I am a washi tape fanatic - have some more on the way right now! Coming from China this time!! LOVE your ideas - will definitely be making use of them - THANK YOU!!