Saturday, March 31, 2012

CSI Case File #13 Waiting for Spring

Hello everyone! I am back from my Asia trip - and whew...I'm exhausted. 
Today, I wanted to share Case File #13, over at CSI - Colors, Stories, and Inspiration.

The challenge this week was a muted, gorgeous color palette.  The evidence and journaling prompts were super FAB too.

Here is the challenge.


Michele Singh has created another set of amazing coordinates to go with the challenge this week.  Check them out here.  Here's a peek of the coordinates.


For my layout this week, I choose to use the following evidence:

1.  Make/Use a pinwheel. 
    This was super fun to make.  I've never tried making one before, and was surprised by how easy it was to make one.  Here are several tutorials on how to make your very own pinwheel.
Tutorial #1
Tutorial #2

2.  Use string, yarn, fiber or twine.
   I used both twine and a bread twist tie.  I love to recycle and re-purpose household items.

Here is the 8.5 x 11 layout and some close-ups.







The journaling prompt I used for my layout, was to write one central idea and four supporting details.  I choose to write 4 different types of  definitions of the word 'Spring'.


I hope you enjoyed the challenge this week.  Check here for the other DT projects.

As always, your comments are appreciated and welcomed.  Thank you for stopping by.

Photobucket

7 comments:

soapHOUSEmama said...

Gorgeous beyond words!!!!

sandi said...

Love, love, love this! Simple, yet says so much! Fab!

Ashley Horton said...

You definitely rocked this one Tina!! The green and blue stamping is awesome and my favorite is the way you used the baker's twine around your photo!! Such a fun and playful layout!!

Diana Waite said...

LOVE the paint, pinwheel, and twine--this is AWESOME Tina!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Such a fantastic page, Tina! You are so creative! Love your work so much!

Fluffy said...

Simply divine! Tx

Eila Sandberg said...

P-e-r-f-e-c-t-i-o-n Tina *sigh* Loved it over at CSI and love it equally when I see it here again. It makes such a powerful statement with the stamping and the wound twine. xoxox

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...