Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Asia Trip March 2012

Hello, hello, hello - :)

I've been wanting to share some pictures I took while I was in Taiwan and Hong Kong last month, but am just now getting around to it.  {warning, pic heavy} 

One perk of my job is that I get to travel internationally every year.  My trips are usually to Asia, but on occasion I get to travel to Europe, Central and South America, and S Africa.  I have many fond memories of my trips, and always try and capture the culture and 'feel' of the country I am in.

Okay, so I noticed that I always start my trip photos of my feet at the airport - is that a weird obsession, or what?  :)
We arrived in Taiwan on a Sunday morning, so after we went to the hotel to shower and grab something to eat, we headed out for the day.  The weather was beautiful and especially nice after flying for 24 hrs.

Our first stop was the Taichung Museum of Fine Arts. (sorry, pictures weren't allowed on the inside)


Our next stop was the Taichung Botanical Gardens.





By this time, the jet lag was kickin' my butt, so we headed back to the hotel.  I preceded to sleep for the rest of the day, until I woke up at 7pm, STARVING.  So I ordered room service, ate, and went back to sleep. 



The next couple of days were full of work meetings and factory tours.  We headed back to Taipei for more meetings.  After a long day, I retired to my room. 

 This little guy was a guest in my tub.  :)

Early the next morning, we flew to Hong Kong.  We had more meetings and tours.

 and yummy dinners....

Then it was our last day.  Our only free day of the week.  So what else to do, but go SHOPPING!  :)  We headed towards Stanley market (on the HK island side).  I always enjoy the drive to Stanley - out of the city and for some great cheap touristy things.


 

After shopping, we took the Star Ferry back to the Kowloon side and headed back to the hotel to shower and pack for home.







And a trip wouldn't be the same, if I didn't finish it with a picture of my feet.  :)

That was it - a long week, and back home.  Till next time.  :)

Hope your week is good - thanks for stopping by.
Photobucket

7 comments:

Fluffy said...

Looks like a great trip, are the sandals your travelling shoes?? lol If you make to the UK give me a yell!! Tx

Sarah Hill said...

These pictures are amazing! Can't wait to see some of them on some pages :)

soapHOUSEmama said...

Oh, looks like such an awesome trip! Can't wait to see some LO's of this :)

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful photos Tina!! Lots of gorgeous colors captured in these pics!! And I like that you take the photos of your feet...great way to symbolize the beginning of your journey and the end!! :)

Diana Waite said...

SO AMAZING!!

sandi said...

Wow! Looks like you had a nice trip! Lucky you to be able to travel like that! The feet pics are too cute! :)

Helen Tilbury said...

Wow Tina just loved the photographic tour - looks totally amazing!!

7 comments:

Fluffy said...

Looks like a great trip, are the sandals your travelling shoes?? lol If you make to the UK give me a yell!! Tx

Sarah Hill said...

These pictures are amazing! Can't wait to see some of them on some pages :)

soapHOUSEmama said...

Oh, looks like such an awesome trip! Can't wait to see some LO's of this :)

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful photos Tina!! Lots of gorgeous colors captured in these pics!! And I like that you take the photos of your feet...great way to symbolize the beginning of your journey and the end!! :)

Diana Waite said...

SO AMAZING!!

sandi said...

Wow! Looks like you had a nice trip! Lucky you to be able to travel like that! The feet pics are too cute! :)

Helen Tilbury said...

Wow Tina just loved the photographic tour - looks totally amazing!!