Friday, April 6, 2012

CSI Case File #14 - Transformation

Happy Friday! 

Today is reveal day over at CSI - Color, Stories, & Inspiration.  Check the challenge out this week...

I must be honest, I REALLY struggled with the challenge this week.  I created 3 layouts and ripped them apart before creating this one.  I still don't really care for it much, but I still would like to share it.  :)

My Evidence includes:
1.  Use an 'animal' accent - okay, so I really stretched this one...I used a butterfly photo for my 'animal' accent.  I took this picture at the Franklin Park Conservatory during one of my visits back home.
2.  Use sanding as a technique - I sanded the edges of all of my papers and chipboard embellishments.





For my testimony, I wrote a Haiku.  April is national poetry month, so I thought it would be fun to start my April projects in the spirit of National Poetry month.

'Delicate wings, dancing within the flowers.  Transformed by a dream'

A Haiku is written by using 5 sound units, 7 sound units, and 5 sound units.  You can punctuate wherever or not at all.    You might ask, 'Delicate wings' only sounds like 4 sound units.  Depending on how it pronounced, it can be 4 or 5...so since I really liked how this sounded, I am stretching the syllables out when saying 'delicate'.  :) 


I really enjoy writing poetry, and if you check out some of my earlier blog posts (or click poetry under my quick links), you can find some of the poems I wrote and methodically I used. 

April is a special month at CSI - The Paper Bakery is the sponsor this month, so not only do you get to see the fabulous creations from the CSI design team, you also get to see the wonderful designs from my fellow Paper Bakery design team members.I hope you can find time to play along this week.  I would love to see how you interpreted the challenge.

I hope you have a great weekend. 

Photobucket

10 comments:

Fi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fi said...

I love the banners and how elegant it all looks including those little paint splatters.

Francine said...

I found this through a pin on Pinterest - it's gorgeous! Very well done. I'm off to check out the rest of your blog now...

Debbi Tehrani said...

Just need to say...you rock. Love your haiku and how you stitched it. Love your sanded banner. Love your painty splats and your perfect placement of the pearl brads. Can I say how happy it makes my heart to have you on my team? xoxo

soapHOUSEmama said...

just beautiful! I am loving the brads spotted around in the splatters!

Jenny Evans said...

Love this layout, Tina!! Your banner is fabulous, and I love your photo! Beautiful work!!

Fluffy said...

Beautiful! Love how you have the sprinkling of paint splatters, I can never get mine to look so perfectly positioned! Tx

Eila Sandberg said...

This is what makes this team such a fab one, you struggled with these colours and I just loooved them. Next time you spin off with gorgeous brights and I fret and struggle. I think your page is wonderful and the haiku is just beautiful! Chin up darling! xoxoxox

sandi said...

love this Tina!!!! I really like the way the banner brings your eyes to the picture...fab!

Diana Waite said...

wow this is GORGEOUS!! I love the colors you chose--love it!

10 comments:

Fi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fi said...

I love the banners and how elegant it all looks including those little paint splatters.

Francine said...

I found this through a pin on Pinterest - it's gorgeous! Very well done. I'm off to check out the rest of your blog now...

Debbi Tehrani said...

Just need to say...you rock. Love your haiku and how you stitched it. Love your sanded banner. Love your painty splats and your perfect placement of the pearl brads. Can I say how happy it makes my heart to have you on my team? xoxo

soapHOUSEmama said...

just beautiful! I am loving the brads spotted around in the splatters!

Jenny Evans said...

Love this layout, Tina!! Your banner is fabulous, and I love your photo! Beautiful work!!

Fluffy said...

Beautiful! Love how you have the sprinkling of paint splatters, I can never get mine to look so perfectly positioned! Tx

Eila Sandberg said...

This is what makes this team such a fab one, you struggled with these colours and I just loooved them. Next time you spin off with gorgeous brights and I fret and struggle. I think your page is wonderful and the haiku is just beautiful! Chin up darling! xoxoxox

sandi said...

love this Tina!!!! I really like the way the banner brings your eyes to the picture...fab!

Diana Waite said...

wow this is GORGEOUS!! I love the colors you chose--love it!