Friday, April 13, 2012

CSI - Case File #15 'Once Upon a Time'

Hello!!!!

I think Friday's have become my favorite day of the week - 1)  It's the weekend, duh!, 2) I get 2 full days of crafting, 3) It is reveal day over at CSI.

Without further adieu, here is the challenge this week -


When I first saw this color palette and challenge, I thought, 'Oh Yea, this is right up my alley'.

My evidence includes:

1.  Book pages - sneaking out behind my photos.
2.  Monsters - I used my own interpretation for this - I used a 'spooky' tag, AND, the photo's of Flikka look 'monster like'.  :)
3.  Use metal - the number 3 and book marker
4.  Use zip-zags, etc.  I LOVE this look.  I used zig zag washi tape, and cut my diamond paper in a chevron shape.  Also, when I created the background for this page, I used a chevron stencil for misting.
5.  Stacking/layers - lots of this going on.
6.  Use something transparent - the Maya Road die-cut behind the main photo.







For my journaling prompt, I started my journaling with 'once upon a time'.

Journaling reads:


I hope you enjoyed my project this week.  Please stop by CSI and check out the other amazing DT layouts. 

Thank you for stopping by.  Have a great one!

Tina

8 comments:

Keri said...

I especially love this background paint/ink treatment, as well as the little touch of the mini-spool wrapped with twine and layered with the Holtz clip holding the sticker!

Debbi Tehrani said...

What an awesome story! And an awesomely fabulicious page! Love your work so much!

Fluffy said...

So many amazing things to look at and I love the way you have really drawn the yellow from the palette! The dog of course is just adorable and a great story! Tx

joyce said...

So loving your background technique! This is so artful and I love what you've done with the little bits. I'm a new follower, found you through C.S.I.

soapHOUSEmama said...

OOOOOOOHHHHHH, I LOVE the checkered chevrons!

Fi said...

Such a great page Tina, great use of the colours and I like the little spool embellishment so sweet.

sandi said...

Wow! This is just fab! I so love the doggy shots....too cute! :)

Diana Waite said...

So love the feel to this! JUST GORGEOUS Tina!

8 comments:

Keri said...

I especially love this background paint/ink treatment, as well as the little touch of the mini-spool wrapped with twine and layered with the Holtz clip holding the sticker!

Debbi Tehrani said...

What an awesome story! And an awesomely fabulicious page! Love your work so much!

Fluffy said...

So many amazing things to look at and I love the way you have really drawn the yellow from the palette! The dog of course is just adorable and a great story! Tx

joyce said...

So loving your background technique! This is so artful and I love what you've done with the little bits. I'm a new follower, found you through C.S.I.

soapHOUSEmama said...

OOOOOOOHHHHHH, I LOVE the checkered chevrons!

Fi said...

Such a great page Tina, great use of the colours and I like the little spool embellishment so sweet.

sandi said...

Wow! This is just fab! I so love the doggy shots....too cute! :)

Diana Waite said...

So love the feel to this! JUST GORGEOUS Tina!