Saturday, April 14, 2012

Paper Bakery April Sketch Challenge #1

Happy Saturday!

Yesterday, over at the Paper Bakery, I shared a layout I created using the April Sketch #1.  Our very own Grace Tolman creates awesome sketches that are super easy and fun to use.

Here is the sketch.


And my interpretation of the sketch. 
I kept fairly close to the sketch.  Instead of using circles on the side of the layout, I used several banner pieces, and I replaced the flower on top of the photo with more banners.  The papers and chipboard embellies are from the PB March Project kit.  I added more MME from my own stash to coordinate.


I am not normally a journaler, but when I do journal, I really like to hide the journaling in a little envelope or pocket on the page.


and some more close-ups....





There is still time to play along.  Here are the deets.

**Make a page or project based on the sketch above. Be Creative!
**Challenge participants are not required to utilize the kit, but it is encouraged.
**Challenges is for 2 weeks.
**Winners will be chosen a couple days after the challenge ends and Sketch challenge winners will receive a small prize package or gift certificate to the Paper Bakery store.
Your layout based on the sketch are due on Sunday (April 15th).

I hope the rest of your Saturday is great!  Thanks for stopping by.

Tina

5 comments:

missybossy65 said...

Love all your little details, like the twine round the chipboard piece with the pins tucked into it :0) Gorgeous!!!

soapHOUSEmama said...

Gorgeous as always! LOVE that stitching on the chipboard and the stick pin accent!

Fi said...

Lovely take on the Sketch Tina, the MME papers worked in beautifully and love the photo.

sandi said...

Oh Tina this is so sweet! Love what you've done with the sketch! Fab!

Diana Waite said...

LOVE the picture and the paper! GREAT layout tina!

5 comments:

missybossy65 said...

Love all your little details, like the twine round the chipboard piece with the pins tucked into it :0) Gorgeous!!!

soapHOUSEmama said...

Gorgeous as always! LOVE that stitching on the chipboard and the stick pin accent!

Fi said...

Lovely take on the Sketch Tina, the MME papers worked in beautifully and love the photo.

sandi said...

Oh Tina this is so sweet! Love what you've done with the sketch! Fab!

Diana Waite said...

LOVE the picture and the paper! GREAT layout tina!