Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Some Super Duper Scrappy News!!!

Hello my fellow crafty friends!  Just a quick share today of some SUPER DUPER SCRAPPY NEWS!!

Last fall, I sent in several layouts to Somerset Memories, for their April 2012 publication.  Somerset Memories is my all time favorite publication and I have read the magazine for years.  This was my first time submitting to Somerset, but I had all my fingers and toes crossed, hoping for a chance.


In January, they contacted me and wanted to do a feature article about 'A Dog's Life'.  How freakin' sweet is that??  They had picked 3 of the 6 layouts I sent them, for the article, and asked me to write about my inspiration and give a brief summary of my design process. 

Of course I say YES!!!  This was a dream come true!



So I wrote the article and submitted it.  A few weeks later, they contacted me and asked if they could publish one more layout that I had sent them.  Of course, the answer was YES :)

While I was in Asia last week, the magazine appeared in my mailbox, but I had to wait until I got home to read it.  To my surprise, not only did they publish the 4 layouts I knew about, but they also published the other 2 I sent them.  Can you say major WOO HOO??!?!?!

This is such an incredible experience  and I want to thank Somerset Publications for this great opportunity.

Here is a peek of my article.  If you get a chance to grab a copy, it is full of inspiration from amazing paper crafters and mixed media artists.  I feel honored to be included among them.



Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.  Your creativity is always inspiring and your kind words make for a wonderful day!  I hope you have a terrific week!

Photobucket


15 comments:

Ladyofthelake318 said...

How exciting is that? Congrats, Tina! Good on ya!

Ashley Horton said...

Tina that is such exciting news...exciting, but not surprising!! All of your layouts should be published, if you ask me!! How awesome to have a whole feature and very well deserved!! Very, very excited for you!!

Beth Hallgren said...

Congratulations Tina!!!

Fluffy said...

Fantastic news, how could they resist that cute doggie! Your pages are fab, I adore your style! Tx

Diana Waite said...

THAT is AWESOME!!! congrats!

soapHOUSEmama said...

OMGoodness - that is SOOOO awesome! I have to say, I am not surprised...your work is amazing!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Tracy said...

My big sister is SUCH an inspiration! I'm so proud and I love you!

Em Stafrace said...

WOW that is awesome and a feature taboot, your rocking it. There are so many fabulous artists in that issue and am loving your page its fabulous. Oh and a big thank you for your lovely comment over at my blog xox

angie gutshall said...

Congrats!! That mag. looks awesome I will have to pick up a copy!!

sandi said...

Yippee! A Big congrats to you! This is fabulous news and the lo's look wonderful!

sandi said...

Yippee! A Big congrats to you! This is fabulous news and the lo's look wonderful!

Keri said...

What an awesome dream come true, these layout peeks look wonderful, and your style is FABULOUS for Somerset...gigantic congratulations, Tina! :)

Jenny Evans said...

Oh wow, Congratulations!! :D

Eila Sandberg said...

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU this will happen?! *happy happy dance* and a massive WOOOOOT WOOOOT!! this really is goosebumpy awesome awesome news! Mwah!

Moongirl said...

That's awesome! Congrats.

15 comments:

Ladyofthelake318 said...

How exciting is that? Congrats, Tina! Good on ya!

Ashley Horton said...

Tina that is such exciting news...exciting, but not surprising!! All of your layouts should be published, if you ask me!! How awesome to have a whole feature and very well deserved!! Very, very excited for you!!

Beth Hallgren said...

Congratulations Tina!!!

Fluffy said...

Fantastic news, how could they resist that cute doggie! Your pages are fab, I adore your style! Tx

Diana Waite said...

THAT is AWESOME!!! congrats!

soapHOUSEmama said...

OMGoodness - that is SOOOO awesome! I have to say, I am not surprised...your work is amazing!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Tracy said...

My big sister is SUCH an inspiration! I'm so proud and I love you!

Em Stafrace said...

WOW that is awesome and a feature taboot, your rocking it. There are so many fabulous artists in that issue and am loving your page its fabulous. Oh and a big thank you for your lovely comment over at my blog xox

angie gutshall said...

Congrats!! That mag. looks awesome I will have to pick up a copy!!

sandi said...

Yippee! A Big congrats to you! This is fabulous news and the lo's look wonderful!

sandi said...

Yippee! A Big congrats to you! This is fabulous news and the lo's look wonderful!

Keri said...

What an awesome dream come true, these layout peeks look wonderful, and your style is FABULOUS for Somerset...gigantic congratulations, Tina! :)

Jenny Evans said...

Oh wow, Congratulations!! :D

Eila Sandberg said...

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU this will happen?! *happy happy dance* and a massive WOOOOOT WOOOOT!! this really is goosebumpy awesome awesome news! Mwah!

Moongirl said...

That's awesome! Congrats.