Friday, May 11, 2012

CSI Case File #19 'Dear Diary'

Happy Friday my fellow crafters and blog followers!  :)

Yay for Friday!  and Yay for reveal day over at CSI.

I SO loved the challenge this week.  The colors are something I would paint my entire house in..and the testimony was very personal and enlightening.

So let's get right to it.

Here is the challenge...

And the coordinates....


For my evidence, I found the following at the scene:

1.  Circles in my design.  (I printed this fantastic circle collage with my Cameo - I love it!)
2.  Circular elements.  (see above)
3.  Birds (I had this great felt bird in my stash and how perfect were the colors?)
4.  White wash/gesso (no white wash, but white cardstock)
5.  Multiple small patterns (I love using my 6x6 or 8x8 pads for small patterns.  I have 4 on my layout)
6.  Floral prints (see above)




For my testimony, I choose to write a diary entry.  The journaling is rather long, so I attached to the back of my layout.  It reads:

Dear Diary,

I am often reminded about the uncertainties, deceit, and failures that I have experienced in the 47 years of my life.  I am the result of two failed marriages, full of half truths, and infidelity.  In my early twenties, prior to my failures, I remember feeling un-jaded, untouched, and free of self doubt and disillusion.
When my first marriage failed, I was lost and wandered for answers.  I couldn’t understand, ‘what went wrong’, and I questioned love and its true meaning.  I remained strong and hopeful for my two young children and shielded them from the pain and dis-trust I felt. 

When I ‘found’ love again, I was renewed and re-opened my heart to trust again.  As my second marriage began to fail, I immediately fell back into this black eddy of pain, sadness, and despair.  It didn’t take long for the old feelings of insecurities to surface and cast self-doubt on my own ability to trust and love another man again.
Amazingly, (and to my surprise), I ‘bounced back’ from this black hole of ugliness with re-newed passion and openness.  This pain and suffering that I had experienced had made me stronger than I ever knew I could be, and made me more independent and self-sufficient than I originally thought possible. 

Even though I suffered greatly, both emotionally, physically, and financially during these 25+ years, I can honestly say ‘I like who I am’.  I am rough, sometimes sad, often happy, strong, self-reliant, and independent, and I thank my failures for allowing me to grow.
This is life, sometimes bad, many times good.

Yeah I know, deep.  :)

And the finished layout.


Be sure and stop by CSI and check out the reveal and the Special Investigator, Guest Detective, and Detective (DT) layouts

As always, I really appreciate you taking the time to stop by.  I know you must visit a MILLION blogs everyday, so any comments are very kind. 

Here's to a wonderful weekend!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Eila Sandberg said...

Deep for some perhaps, but this is so honest and so true without all the fancy trimmings. Being alive means going through the ugly aspects and coming out so much stronger and liking who one is. I can totally relate Tina, thank you for sharing your innermost. Almost forgot about your page; it is wonderful! LOVE the cut out circular elements and patterns peeking out. The felt birdie is so sweet. These are my all time fave colours any category, could use them day in and day out for everything! Mwah! oxox

sandi said...

Oh wow! I absolutely love this! All the circles look so neat! Fabulous design! Awesome lo!

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a creativ, beautiful page, and your story touched my heart. Thank you for sharing your Herat with us.

Diana Waite said...

Wow Tina--that is Deep, this touched my heart--YOU are AMAZING! LOVE this layout as well--THANKS for the inspiration!

Helen Tilbury said...

Fantastic layout Tina - great design! Beautiful colours!! And just love the journaling. Although I'm still married to my love I have experienced other pains from my original family members, similar to yours, and come out of it just like you - happy with myself but strong and independent. I think without those pains we wouldn't be the people we are today, not only in the "negative" sense but in the positive too!!

MARCH said...

j'adore la mise en page , tout ce blanc .... et votre journaling et très touchant
bravo pour tout
co

missybossy65 said...

OMG you have truly blown me away this time! That journaling is incredible and so heartfelt. Your layout is stunning :0) x

Adrienne said...

Tina, I love the real you!! Your journaling is so heartfelt. I am glad you shared this, as life is wonderfully beautiful, but the beauty isn't always all the good stuff- sometimes the beauty lies in the aftermath of the bad and ugly.
I like deep! Beautiful work!

Elaine said...

What a simple yet stunning layout!! Loved it. And your journalling was wonderful. I admire you for opening up your heart to all of us in such a sincere way.Now that the suffering is over may the rest of your life bring you abundant happiness!!

Leeann Pearce said...

i love that you wrote this... it's honest and real and i can relate to the [pain in different ways with the experiences in my life. And Yes is does make you stronger in so many ways. To me you are real we are not sugar coated people. we are the ones with real heart guts and soul!

Thank you for sharing this and you are the bomb that page is superb...LOVE it to bits!!!

10 comments:

Eila Sandberg said...

Deep for some perhaps, but this is so honest and so true without all the fancy trimmings. Being alive means going through the ugly aspects and coming out so much stronger and liking who one is. I can totally relate Tina, thank you for sharing your innermost. Almost forgot about your page; it is wonderful! LOVE the cut out circular elements and patterns peeking out. The felt birdie is so sweet. These are my all time fave colours any category, could use them day in and day out for everything! Mwah! oxox

sandi said...

Oh wow! I absolutely love this! All the circles look so neat! Fabulous design! Awesome lo!

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a creativ, beautiful page, and your story touched my heart. Thank you for sharing your Herat with us.

Diana Waite said...

Wow Tina--that is Deep, this touched my heart--YOU are AMAZING! LOVE this layout as well--THANKS for the inspiration!

Helen Tilbury said...

Fantastic layout Tina - great design! Beautiful colours!! And just love the journaling. Although I'm still married to my love I have experienced other pains from my original family members, similar to yours, and come out of it just like you - happy with myself but strong and independent. I think without those pains we wouldn't be the people we are today, not only in the "negative" sense but in the positive too!!

MARCH said...

j'adore la mise en page , tout ce blanc .... et votre journaling et très touchant
bravo pour tout
co

missybossy65 said...

OMG you have truly blown me away this time! That journaling is incredible and so heartfelt. Your layout is stunning :0) x

Adrienne said...

Tina, I love the real you!! Your journaling is so heartfelt. I am glad you shared this, as life is wonderfully beautiful, but the beauty isn't always all the good stuff- sometimes the beauty lies in the aftermath of the bad and ugly.
I like deep! Beautiful work!

Elaine said...

What a simple yet stunning layout!! Loved it. And your journalling was wonderful. I admire you for opening up your heart to all of us in such a sincere way.Now that the suffering is over may the rest of your life bring you abundant happiness!!

Leeann Pearce said...

i love that you wrote this... it's honest and real and i can relate to the [pain in different ways with the experiences in my life. And Yes is does make you stronger in so many ways. To me you are real we are not sugar coated people. we are the ones with real heart guts and soul!

Thank you for sharing this and you are the bomb that page is superb...LOVE it to bits!!!