Friday, May 18, 2012

CSI Case File#20, Betcha didn't know...

Happy, Happy Friday!  Yup, it's that time again, time for the next Case File reveal over at CSI.  Let's get right to it.

Look at this reveal - so adorable, fantastic, and wonderful in every way!
And the Coordinating elements for the challenge.


Even though my layout has alot of white space, and looks sparse, I actually incorporated many of the design elements.  They include:

1.  Use dots:  I used BIG felt DOTS!  :)
2.  Use insects/bugs:  I have one very cute and adorable lady bug on top of one of my 'dots'.
3.  Use Stitching:  :)
4.  Use a kraft background:  Lots of kraft background going on here.
5.  Use staggered heights of elements:  I organized by BIG felt dots in staggering heights across my layout.
6.  Use White space.
7.  Use felt accents:  BIG felt DOTS!  :)
8.  Use Paint drops.

See how easy it is to use many of the design elements without overpowering your layout.




For my testimony, I used the prompt of 'say 4 important things about your subject'.  Since the subject is MOI!, I journaled about 4 things 'betcha didn't know' about me.  The journaling is hidden in the kraft pocket behind my photo(s).

Betcha didn't know.....
1.  I am deathly afraid of fire.
2.  I played the accordion when I was younger.
3.  I remember the day Elvis died.
4.  I know what Lefse is, and I like it.

Interesting little tidbits, huh?

And here is the complete layout and another close-up.



Hop on over to CSI and check out the full reveal - you WILL be amazed!

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty weekend.  Thank you for stopping by!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

Such a cool page, as always, Tina! You are just so creative and always astound me! Love your felt circles and that sweet little ladybug perched on top of the yellow ones. Love the miscellaneous tidbits you shared.

I totally remember the day Elvis died, and now I want a Lefse for dinner! :D

Diana Waite said...

this is GREAT--LOVE the use of circles.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome!!! Love those big felt dots!!! Fantastic layout!!! Wow!!!

Beth Hallgren said...

Such a cool, graphic layout! Love that ladybug and the felt flower :)

Shaunery said...

Oh I love your play with space! Your pages are always so fun and full of impact.
You have me wondering what Lefse is and well I'll just say I appreciate the heck outta Elvis! LOL

Adrienne said...

Tina! Love your little details and soooooo awesome how much evidence you added! Awesome job!!!!

Ashley Horton said...

I am totally loving this page, Tina!! Those felt circles are AWESOME...I never would've thought of that...you always have the best ideas! And we used the same amount of elements for our evidence this week! :) I didn't even realize I used that many, until I counted it up for my Blog post!! :)

Eila Sandberg said...

Always awesome work Tina! love the circles and the cute ladybug, perfect use of white space as always!! I totally remember the day Elvis died and was wondering why on earth a chick in Utah would know about lefse?! have you got Norwegian ancestry? Have you tried buttering a lefse, adding home cooked mashed potatoes in a string down the middle, adding 2 hotdogs on top of the mash, season with ketchup/mustard/dry roasted onions and if you have any pickled relish, that too. If you have powdered BBQ spice, it will add that extra pizzazz to it. Make a wrap of the whole thing! Enjoy if you can! This is something any Swede would know, comes under the name of "tunnbrödsrulle". xoxo

8 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

Such a cool page, as always, Tina! You are just so creative and always astound me! Love your felt circles and that sweet little ladybug perched on top of the yellow ones. Love the miscellaneous tidbits you shared.

I totally remember the day Elvis died, and now I want a Lefse for dinner! :D

Diana Waite said...

this is GREAT--LOVE the use of circles.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome!!! Love those big felt dots!!! Fantastic layout!!! Wow!!!

Beth Hallgren said...

Such a cool, graphic layout! Love that ladybug and the felt flower :)

Shaunery said...

Oh I love your play with space! Your pages are always so fun and full of impact.
You have me wondering what Lefse is and well I'll just say I appreciate the heck outta Elvis! LOL

Adrienne said...

Tina! Love your little details and soooooo awesome how much evidence you added! Awesome job!!!!

Ashley Horton said...

I am totally loving this page, Tina!! Those felt circles are AWESOME...I never would've thought of that...you always have the best ideas! And we used the same amount of elements for our evidence this week! :) I didn't even realize I used that many, until I counted it up for my Blog post!! :)

Eila Sandberg said...

Always awesome work Tina! love the circles and the cute ladybug, perfect use of white space as always!! I totally remember the day Elvis died and was wondering why on earth a chick in Utah would know about lefse?! have you got Norwegian ancestry? Have you tried buttering a lefse, adding home cooked mashed potatoes in a string down the middle, adding 2 hotdogs on top of the mash, season with ketchup/mustard/dry roasted onions and if you have any pickled relish, that too. If you have powdered BBQ spice, it will add that extra pizzazz to it. Make a wrap of the whole thing! Enjoy if you can! This is something any Swede would know, comes under the name of "tunnbrödsrulle". xoxo