Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Got Brads?!?!?!

Happy Wednesday everyone!  I hope your week has been awesome so far and you've been able to get some crafting in.  :)

Yesterday, I was up with my first MME blog post.  :)  The post kicked off our new MME challenge.

Use MME brads! Use them in a fun, unique, and creative way!
MME brads are fun, funky, and unique. Showcase them on a layout, card,mini album, or altered item. The sky is the limit...just make sure to make the brads shine!

Here are all the details...

1. You can submit a layout,card,album,altered item,etc.
2. The project must consist of mainly MME. It must "look" like a MME layout. :)
3. The project must be created new for this challenge.
4.Upload the layout to the comments by the end of the day on May 15. I have enabled InLinkz again on this challenge. Let's hope it works! :)
5. A random winner will be chosen and announced with the 2nd May challenge on May 17. The prize is any MME collection- the choice is yours.

To get you started, here are a couple of ideas I used for my brads.

For my first layout,  I thought of using them with another of my favorite products, twine, to create one of my all time favorite design styles, banners. Using both brads and twine together, you can create your very own, custom made banner.


Loop twine around each brad, and periodically dangle extra twine to create a swag design. Tie the end of your brad and twine banner with a bow, and voila - custom made. You can also custom make your own brad embellishments by adding banner cut patterned paper and by using coordinating label stickers.





Supplies:Indie Chic-Citron:Hibiscus patterned paper,Sherbert patterned paper,Pizazz patterned paper,Lovely patterned paper,6x6 paper pad,"Wonderful" title,wood label,decorative stickers,buttons,label stickers,layered stickers,brads;Follow Your Heart:twine;misc:Maya Road stick pins,doily,Tim Holtz distress stain,Tattered Angels glimmer mist,Jenni Bowlin acrylic paint,American Crafts thickers,adhesives

For my second layout, another easy and fun way to use brads and twine is to create a frame around your photo. For larger or busy photos, a brad/twine frame will add focus to the portion of the photo that is important to you.

As with the other technique, loop twine around your brads, and tie the ends of the twine with a bow.Loop twine around each brad, and periodically dangle extra twine to create a swag design. Tie the end of your brad and twine banner with a bow, and voila -





Supplies: Indie Chic:Citron-Tangerine patterned paper,Hibiscus patterned paper,Pizazz patterned paper,Lovely Patterned paper,Peacock patterned paper,6x6 paper pad,Time title,Party journal card,buttons,label stickers,layered stickers,brads,garland,border stickers;Kraft FunDay-twine;misc-staples,adhesive

So get out those brads and start creating. 

p.s. Aren't these new MME collections amazing? 

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.  I appreciate your kindness and comments.  Have a fantastic Wednesday!


Photobucket

11 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome layouts for your first MME reveal, Tina!! I love how you incorporated the brads and both of your layouts are amazing!!

Missy Whidden said...

I am always in awe of your layouts! You always add the perfect details...I love these two!! Love the MME brads!!

Jenny Evans said...

Gorgeous work, Tina! Love them both!! :)

Tanya Ham said...

Awesome job on both layouts!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Stunning work!!! You have done such an amazing job here! I love MME brads - they are DEFINATELY my fave ever!!! :D

Diana Waite said...

these are both AMAZING! I fell in love with them on the MME website--GREAT job!

sandi said...

Wow! These are fabulous Tina! Love how you used the brads...they look wonderful on your lo's!

Moongirl said...

Oh, I love MME! I have an idea too :)

scrapbookertink said...

Gorgeous layouts, that dog is too cute x

Fluffy said...

Fab use of the brads, Love both of your layouts I think the first one is my fave with the brad banner Tx

Eila Sandberg said...

You sure made a flying start Tina!! they are both totally fabulous, especially love the first one with my favourite dude Mr Moose. Gosh! is that one of your sons?! he's mighty staturesque next to his teeny momma. xoxox

11 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome layouts for your first MME reveal, Tina!! I love how you incorporated the brads and both of your layouts are amazing!!

Missy Whidden said...

I am always in awe of your layouts! You always add the perfect details...I love these two!! Love the MME brads!!

Jenny Evans said...

Gorgeous work, Tina! Love them both!! :)

Tanya Ham said...

Awesome job on both layouts!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Stunning work!!! You have done such an amazing job here! I love MME brads - they are DEFINATELY my fave ever!!! :D

Diana Waite said...

these are both AMAZING! I fell in love with them on the MME website--GREAT job!

sandi said...

Wow! These are fabulous Tina! Love how you used the brads...they look wonderful on your lo's!

Moongirl said...

Oh, I love MME! I have an idea too :)

scrapbookertink said...

Gorgeous layouts, that dog is too cute x

Fluffy said...

Fab use of the brads, Love both of your layouts I think the first one is my fave with the brad banner Tx

Eila Sandberg said...

You sure made a flying start Tina!! they are both totally fabulous, especially love the first one with my favourite dude Mr Moose. Gosh! is that one of your sons?! he's mighty staturesque next to his teeny momma. xoxox