Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Little Momma....

Happy Wednesday everyone!  The sun has been out and the temperature is slowly starting to creep up, so all is good in Utah.  :)

Yesterday, I shared this layout on the MME blog.  Stephanie challenged us to create a 'mother's day' theme layout, with a new and different twist.  I thought it would be fun to scrapbook about me and my little sister and how I was always a 'little momma' to her.  :)

I used the new Nostalgia collection by MME.  I just love the colors, patterns, and designs in this line.  It works so perfectly for those vintage and black & white photos.




Journaling reads:


"The year was 1970, but I remember it like it was yesterday. We are 7 years apart, so naturally when you were born, I became an instant 'little momma'. You were a sickly baby, so I was always helping mom take care of you. I like to play 'momma' to you. :)
love,  your big sister"

I snuck the journaling on a tag behind the smaller photo. The tag was too small for the journaling, so I typed up my journaling on a larger piece of paper, then adhered the tag to the paper. It's hidden, so you can't tell.



Supplies: Nostalgia-Roses patterned paper,Scallop patterned paper,Jacks patterned paper,Chevron patterned paper,chipboard elements,die cuts;Misc-twine,Martha Stewart sunburst punch,lattice punch,EK Success scallop border punch,October Afternoon letter stickers,sewing machine,thread,pen,adhesive,silhouette tags


Be sure and check out the MME blog for the other twists to the Mother's Day theme. Check back tomorrow for a sneak of the Case File #19, from CSI.

Thank you for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Laurel said...

Beautiful!

KellyF said...

Beautiful work!! Love the tags behind the photos. That collection looks very pretty!

soapHOUSEmama said...

so precious!!!!

Sandra said...

So beautiful

Eila Sandberg said...

Veeeery pretty Tina! love the soft delicate feel to your page and how beautifully you have used the papers. xoxo

Fi said...

This is really pretty Tina!!!

sandi said...

Oh how nice! Love it! So sweet!

Moongirl said...

Beautiful!

Helen Tilbury said...

Absolutely love it Tina - Great job!!

Brenda Smith said...

Tina, hi! I happened across your blog after seeing you post on the Scrapbook Steals facebook page. I'm happy to say that I'm a new follower of your blog. I'm loving your layouts. This LO is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you used that Martha Stewart lattice punch. I have one of those and have struggled with how to use it even though I love the look of it. Thanks for the inspiration!

10 comments:

Laurel said...

Beautiful!

KellyF said...

Beautiful work!! Love the tags behind the photos. That collection looks very pretty!

soapHOUSEmama said...

so precious!!!!

Sandra said...

So beautiful

Eila Sandberg said...

Veeeery pretty Tina! love the soft delicate feel to your page and how beautifully you have used the papers. xoxo

Fi said...

This is really pretty Tina!!!

sandi said...

Oh how nice! Love it! So sweet!

Moongirl said...

Beautiful!

Helen Tilbury said...

Absolutely love it Tina - Great job!!

Brenda Smith said...

Tina, hi! I happened across your blog after seeing you post on the Scrapbook Steals facebook page. I'm happy to say that I'm a new follower of your blog. I'm loving your layouts. This LO is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you used that Martha Stewart lattice punch. I have one of those and have struggled with how to use it even though I love the look of it. Thanks for the inspiration!