Saturday, May 5, 2012

Welcome to the Paper Bakery NSD Blog Hop....

Hello Paper Bakery friends!  Are you enjoying NSD?  I hope you have a day full of crafting, inspiration, and just plain fun!

You should have arrived here from the super fabulous Angie Gutshall.

If you want to start from the beginning, hop here

If you would like to hop somewhere else, here is the blog hop order.

Paper Bakery blog
Sarah
Mary Ann
Angie
Tina <------- THIS IS ME!!!
Erin
Grace
Amanda
Paper Bakery blog

Please make sure and leave a comment on all blogs to be eligible for the prize pack.  It will be a fun one!!

Sarah challenged the design team to come up with some new ways to use washi tape, and y'all know me, I LOVE washi tape.  Remember the month long obsession with washi tape blog posting and layouts?!?!?  ;)


{this is my drawer FULL of my washi obsession}

Washi tape is so versatile and super fun!  I love the pop of color on a layout, or the easy way to layer pattern or pattern by using washi.

Today, I want to share with you a way to make your very own custom-made banners with washi tape.  I'll be sharing 2 types of banners, but they are both super easy and really fun to make.

To start, you will need some scrap cardstock, your favorite washi tape, your favorite circle punch and some twine.

Adhere strips of tape to the piece of scrap cardstock.  No need to be super neat and line up each stripe.  Overlapping the stripes of washi adds character and interest. 


Next, using your favorite punch, punch out several washi circles.


Fold over each punched circle in half and crease with a bone folder (if you want). 

Take your piece of twine and sandwich it between the folded circle and glue or staple together.  Continue doing this until you have the desired banner length.

And this is what the finished banner should look like.


Super easy, huh?

Now let's get to the second type of banner. 

For my second banner, I adhered the washi tape to the cardstock as before.  Instead of punching circles, I cut strips of washi (approx 2 inches in length). 

After each strip is cut, fold each strip in half and cut a notch in the open end.  (the typical banner shape).  You can also leave several strips without a notch for a square banner piece.

Sandwich twine between each piece (as before) and you have a completed banner.

This is what the finished banner should look like.


Isn't that the cutest and easiest banner ever??

Here are some more close-ups of my layout..


And here is the finished layout.  I used the Paper Bakery May Sketch #1 as my inspiration.



Told ya it would super easy to make your very own washi tape banners....now get creating!

Your next hop is to the ever so talented Erin Yamabe.

Remember to leave a comment below and at each blog hop stop to be eligible for the Paper Bakery prize pack.

Thank you for stopping by and enjoy the rest of NSD!!


Photobucket

22 comments:

Sarah Hill said...

Love these washi banners!!! ADORABLE!!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

So very cute Tina!!! Of course I love everything about it:)

julie e said...

Wow what a collection of tape. I'm waiting for my first washi order now.

Carolpxto said...

Thank you for sharing your great ideas!

Amanda Johnson said...

Fabulous banners! So cute and easy!

sandi said...

Wow! Love, love, love what you've created with the tape! Fabulous! And I would love to have your stash of tape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly Jean said...

Really really super love those banners. I definitely need to try those! Thanks for sharing.

Tracy B said...

Wow! Yes, these are super easy to make and super cool!! Great work! Love the idea.

cindy said...

Thanks for such great washi tape ideas!!

Grace Tolman said...

such a cool page. I love your technique to use the tape as well. Will be lifting that soon.

Alison said...

I LOVE your washi banners!..will defs be trying that!
Alison xx

Alison said...

I LOVE your washi banners!..will defs be trying that!
Alison xx

Cheryl said...

Great ways to use washi tape! I love these banners.

Jen Adkins said...

I love the idea of punching through a sheet of washi, how clever.

Miriam Prantner said...

Jealous of your washi tape stash! Love the washi tape circles!

Diana Waite said...

what a FABULOUS idea--seriously! Love the layout as well!

angie gutshall said...

Love the idea! Great layout too!!

Nathalie said...

Love what you did with the tapes! I need more!!!

Patricia said...

Love your idea! Great layout!

photochic said...

What a cool idea! Love your layout as well! That yellow washi tape is soooo cool! :)

ashley norlie said...

Oh wow! Look at all the washi goodness! Thanks for the ideas, I'll definitely be trying them out :)

Eila Sandberg said...

Yup! of course I'm loving the washi banners, would be nuts if I weren't as they are so darn cute! :))

22 comments:

Sarah Hill said...

Love these washi banners!!! ADORABLE!!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

So very cute Tina!!! Of course I love everything about it:)

julie e said...

Wow what a collection of tape. I'm waiting for my first washi order now.

Carolpxto said...

Thank you for sharing your great ideas!

Amanda Johnson said...

Fabulous banners! So cute and easy!

sandi said...

Wow! Love, love, love what you've created with the tape! Fabulous! And I would love to have your stash of tape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly Jean said...

Really really super love those banners. I definitely need to try those! Thanks for sharing.

Tracy B said...

Wow! Yes, these are super easy to make and super cool!! Great work! Love the idea.

cindy said...

Thanks for such great washi tape ideas!!

Grace Tolman said...

such a cool page. I love your technique to use the tape as well. Will be lifting that soon.

Alison said...

I LOVE your washi banners!..will defs be trying that!
Alison xx

Alison said...

I LOVE your washi banners!..will defs be trying that!
Alison xx

Cheryl said...

Great ways to use washi tape! I love these banners.

Jen Adkins said...

I love the idea of punching through a sheet of washi, how clever.

Miriam Prantner said...

Jealous of your washi tape stash! Love the washi tape circles!

Diana Waite said...

what a FABULOUS idea--seriously! Love the layout as well!

angie gutshall said...

Love the idea! Great layout too!!

Nathalie said...

Love what you did with the tapes! I need more!!!

Patricia said...

Love your idea! Great layout!

photochic said...

What a cool idea! Love your layout as well! That yellow washi tape is soooo cool! :)

ashley norlie said...

Oh wow! Look at all the washi goodness! Thanks for the ideas, I'll definitely be trying them out :)

Eila Sandberg said...

Yup! of course I'm loving the washi banners, would be nuts if I weren't as they are so darn cute! :))