Friday, June 15, 2012

CSI Case File #24 - Third Times a Charm...

Happy, Happy, Friday!

It is reveal day over at CSI - Major Woo Hoo!  And this is a reveal you DO NOT want to miss!  It is so incredible and amazing!

Let's get to it, shall we?

(not sure where Debbi finds these inspiration photos- but isn't this one A - MA - Z - ING!!)


And the coordinates for the challenge.


My evidence includes:
1.  Use silver accents - I used silver resin flowers and staples.
2.  Use lace - I used lace doilies.
3.  Sparkly things - I sprayed the white cardstock with silver glimmer mist - it almost doesn't look real.
4.  Add shimmer - see number 3.  :)
5.  Use red paint - I painted the chipboard 'love' with red paint.
6.  Use circles - I used doilies.





My testimony was inspired by the number '3' in the journaling prompts.  Hence, 'third' times a charm.  My journaling is rather extensive, therefore it is included on the back of my layout.  It reads...

Third time's a charm...this is such a commonly used saying, but what does it really mean?  I searched the internet looking for the origin of the saying, and came across this...(source wiki.answers.com)
Meaning:-
The belief that the third time something is attempted is more likely to succeed than the previous two attempts. It is also used as a good luck charm - spoken just before trying something for the third time.
Origin:-
The first citation I can find for it is in The Weekly Sentinel, June 1912. This is in a rather snooty court report about a Mrs. Martha Carliss, who had been twice married previously:

"That Mrs. Martha Carliss evidently believes in peace and happiness in wedlock and that she probably thinks third time's a charm is shown by the fact that she was granted a license today to marry Andrew W. Mowery."

This was rather interesting to me, since I created this layout with a hidden meaning of love and marriage.  If you read my journaling from CSI Case File #19, I shared a 'Dear Diary' post about failed love and marriage and how I am stronger today than yesterday.  In reading that post, I shared how I have been married twice and I am hopeful for the future and that I will find love once again.  I can hope that saying, "Third time's a charm' is a good luck charm for me.  My fingers and toes crossed! (It doesn't hurt, right?)


This layout is much simpler than my usual layouts, but using the color palette in this way, it really kept the focus on the true meaning of the layout - LOVE.

Hop on over to CSI and check out the other amazing DT layouts!  Can't wait to see what you create!

Have a great weekend and thank you for taking the time to stop by!  It means a lot to me.  :)

Photobucket

7 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Your page is amazing Tina!! I love that you kept it simple and packed a punch with the red paint on the chipboard, "love". It immediately draws your eye to the title and your photos! And that misting is awesome!!

Diana Waite said...

what a GORGEOUS layout!! love all the silver!

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Amazing page! I love the red accents.

Ali said...

Simply.....stunning! LOVE this page Tina!! I can feel a scraplift coming on :0)

Moongirl said...

Your layout really is beautiful!

Helen Tilbury said...

Ooooh I just love this Tina!! I love your background and all your detail in the middle - looks great! Really eye-catching!!!

Eila Sandberg said...

This one really is eye-catching with the crisp silver pattern and then comes the kapow - the red accents! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...