Thursday, June 7, 2012

Father's Day Coupon Book....

Happy Thursday!

As I mentioned in a post earlier this month, I am the Guest Designer for GCD Studios this month (yay!!)


In celebration of Father's day, I thought I'd create a coupon book so that the spirit of Father's Day can continue even after the day has come and gone.

{I used my silhouette exclusively for this coupon book, but the coupon book can be replicated using office supplies, scrapbook paper, and scrapbook stickers}



For the cover of the coupon book, I cut a piece of patterned paper slightly larger than the envelope and added a medallion (created with several punches and cut banner pieces) and the title. I attached all the coupon envelopes together with 2 binder rings. Once you have the envelope and coupon tags created, the rest of the coupon books goes together rather quickly and easily.


Each coupon consists of a coupon envelope and coupon tag. For my example, both of these were cut with my Cameo, but you could replace these with a coin envelope and manila tag purchased from an office supply store.

I cut several envelopes and tags from the 'Country Charm' collection. This collection was perfect for the little coupon book as the designs are playful and bright.


For each tag, I cut a smaller tag out of cardstock for the actual coupon details and adhered it to the larger coupon. I added a hole reinforcer to each tag and tied a small piece of ribbon to each tag.


For each envelope, I cut coordinating shapes for the outside of the envelope. Again, I cut all of these designs with my Cameo, but you can use pre-designed stickers and embellishments for your envelopes. For example, I cut a car for the 'One Car Wash' coupon and a vacuum cleaner for the 'Day free of cleaning' coupon.



Also, when all coupons have been used and validated, you can disassemble the coupon book and use the cute envelopes on future layouts and cards.

Product List

GCD
Paper: Country Charm, 'Weekend Fun', 'Handycraft", "Picnic Blanket', 'Farm Field Stripe', 'Country Bloom', 'Cherry Pie'
Misc
Cardstock: American Crafts; Alpha Sticker: Prima Marketing; Ribbon: Michaels; Vintage typewriter; Sewing machine and thread Silhouette Cameo

I hope you enjoyed this fun little project.  I had a lot of fun making it!  :)Stop by tomorrow for the next Case File reveal for CSI - you're gonna love it! 

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and have a wonderful day!

Photobucket

8 comments:

photochic said...

How CUTE! But there's only one problem with it... you make me want a Cameo!!!!! :P I hope to get one after I graduate next year! I know, a long way away, but still. Love the little album! That paper is so cute! All the diecuts make me happy! :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is such a wonderful gift idea! I love how you stuck all of the tags into pockets and embellished them so beautifully!

Kathy Martin said...

This book is AWESOME! LOVE all the die cuts and details! What a treasure! :)

Margie H said...

Such a great coupon book - so cute and wonderful colors :)

Diana Waite said...

CONGRATS again! you ROCKED it with this coupon book--TOTALLY cute!!

Tanya Ham said...

LOVE this!!! AWESOME job!! :) I will have to really look closer at your photos, would love to make a similar project!

Linda Beeson said...

Ohhhhh how cute, so many really great details.

sandi said...

This is just the cutest!!!!! What a great idea!

8 comments:

photochic said...

How CUTE! But there's only one problem with it... you make me want a Cameo!!!!! :P I hope to get one after I graduate next year! I know, a long way away, but still. Love the little album! That paper is so cute! All the diecuts make me happy! :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is such a wonderful gift idea! I love how you stuck all of the tags into pockets and embellished them so beautifully!

Kathy Martin said...

This book is AWESOME! LOVE all the die cuts and details! What a treasure! :)

Margie H said...

Such a great coupon book - so cute and wonderful colors :)

Diana Waite said...

CONGRATS again! you ROCKED it with this coupon book--TOTALLY cute!!

Tanya Ham said...

LOVE this!!! AWESOME job!! :) I will have to really look closer at your photos, would love to make a similar project!

Linda Beeson said...

Ohhhhh how cute, so many really great details.

sandi said...

This is just the cutest!!!!! What a great idea!