Tuesday, June 19, 2012

MME love.....

Happy Tuesday!  Today, I'd like to share a couple of layouts I created for MME, but haven't had a chance to share them here. 

The first layout was featured on the CK Blog a couple of weeks ago.  CK asked the MME DT to interpret this sketch from the May/June 2012 issue.


I created a one page layout, using multiple inspiration from both pages of the sketch.


      From the right side of the sketch:
  • photos (one large horizontal and two smaller vertical)
  • two circle elements (two brad flowers)
  • large top “banner” element (zigzag cut paper)
From the left side:
  • large vertical element (blue patterned paper block)
  • square element (tan patterned paper block)
  • title (Bangkok subtitle)
  • smaller bottom “banner” element (pennant garland)




I used the lovely Indie Chic Nutmeg collection for this layout.

If you get a few minutes, you should check out how Jana and Danni interpreted the sketch

My next share is my take on the June MME blog sketch.  Anam created another awesome sketch for us to play with this month. 


I really 'expanded' the sketch idea, and used one of my favorite MME collections, Indie Chic Ginger. The colors and design of this collection is so perfect for many types of layouts, and to add more interest, I used the stamp from the collection to add my own personal touch.


Using the solid background of 'Relax' I created my own unique stamped design, using a lovely shade of pink distress ink that matched the pink in this collection perfectly.

I clustered several regular and chipboard buttons on the right side, and used a wooden title for my left cluster. **Special tip - the wood color didn't match my color palette as well as I liked, so I changed the color with white distress stain!**

I made a small banner for under the photo, and created a cute 'decorative tape banner' using an industrial sized safety pin, decorative tape, and twine.




Supplies: Indie Chic-Ginger:Brocade patterned paper,Bejewel patterned paper,Stripes patterned paper,Mellow patterned paper,Relax patterned paper,twine,stickers,layered chipboard stickers,tape,decorative buttons,wood label,stamps;Misc-chipboard title (Creating Keepsakes),safety pin,EK Success punch,inks,paint,spray mist,adhesive,pen,sewing machine and thread

That is all I have to share today. I hope you enjoyed my layouts and get a chance to play with some of your own MME product.  :)

Thank you for stopping by!  Your time and comments are always appreciated.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

Your layouts are always so detailed and beautiful!

Fluffy said...

Fabulous! love what you did with the stamp on the second one Tx

Kim said...

that top layout just feels so rich and glorious, fabulous inspiration!

sandi said...

Oh Tina these are fabulous! That first one looks so neat with all those cool pics and I just love the style of the second!

Diana Waite said...

AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS layouts my friend!!

Ashley Horton said...

Amazing pages Tina!! The Thailand page was one of my favorites on the CK Blog...love all of the Yellow!! And I LOVE that you used that fun chevron pattern for your background on the second one!!

Helen Tilbury said...

Very gorgeous layouts Tina!! Both such great free interpretations of the sketches and with such lovely details too - well done!!

Eila Sandberg said...

WOWZER! glorious pages both of them, one discovers so much when checking out the close-ups. The Thailand page is so opulent and rich and just amazing. The second page has such pretty details. Fab interpretations of the sketches with a Tina twist to make them zing! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...