Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Use those 6x6 pads of paper!!

Hello, Hello!

Last week, this layout was shared over on the MME blog. Stephanie challenged the DT to create layouts using paper from the 6x6 pads.  Typically, 6x6 pads are used by card makers, but these mini versions of the 12x12 paper are perfect for layouts too.

I created a 8.5 x 11 using the 6x6 pad from the Indie Chic Ginger collection. 


The many reasons I love using 6x6 pads include: 1) the smaller overall pattern on the paper, 2) you don't feel guilty for cutting a small piece of paper from a 12x12 page when using a 6x6 piece, 3) you can keep the entire 12x12 paper for the background of your layout.

For my layout, I wanted to create a quilt like pattern for my background. I cut random sized squares and adhered them to my background sheet. I added some decorative tape framing each square and stitched the entire background, resembling a quilt.



I then used each square as a mini canvas, adding embellishments, layered stickers, banners, and my title.




This grid design is a design I go back to frequently, as it is so versatile to your photo and product choice, and it just looks great!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by!  It is always appreciated!  Have a fantastic Tuesday!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

I love the quilt pattern you created Tina and the added stitching is perfect touch! Those flower brads are really awesome and I love the darker color of them against the pink and yellow papers!!

Diana Waite said...

I LOVE this!! I TOTALLY agree about the smaller paper pads--seems like you get more bang for your buck! :)

Beth Hallgren said...

Beautiful layering...a feast for the eyes :)

soapHOUSEmama said...

breathtaking!!!!

Jingle said...

What a gorgeous layout!

sandi said...

Fabulous use of the 6x6's. Love the look of this and the fun mix!

Eila Sandberg said...

And what a beautiful quilt you made! really lovely layering and piecing of patterns, as the other ladies have said; fabbo use of the 6x6! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...