Friday, July 20, 2012

CHA Week - what an amazing adventure!

Whew, what a week!  I attended my first ever CHA and all I can say is WOW!  It was amazing, incredible, awe-inspiring, and just plain fun!

I was invited to go by the totally awesome Sarah Hill, owner/founder of The Paper Bakery.  It was so fantastic to meet her in person and to be able to spend the week with her as she planned out her next 6 months worth of kits.  All I can say is watch out, the next 6 months of kits will be incredible.

Sarah sister - Tegan Skwiat, and one of Sarah's scrappy friends - Cindy Miller also spent the week with us.  I was so nice meeting these ladies - incredibly talented artists and such wonderful people.

 
Every time I turned the corner, I saw a fellow paper artist/designers that I had only known on-line.  Here are some pictures of some of those familiar faces.

Yes, this is really Heidi Swapp - LOVE her new stuff.  I want it all!  I HAVE TO HAVE her new 'Vintage Chic' collection. I also really love her Memory stands and file folders. I see many cool mini projects in store for the future. :)


The lovely and uber talented Laina Lamb, from Jillibean Soup.  Their new collections are amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on them.


Yes, this is the WON-DER-FUL Amy Tangerine.  I loved her 'Sketchbook' collection and created many projects with it.  Her new 'Ready, Set, Go' is another one that I have to get my hands on so I can start creating.


The distressing god, Tim Holtz was busy doing a demonstration, but that didn't stop Cindy from getting a picture.


Teresa Collins was one of the nicest people I have ever met.  She is so passionate about her product and so excited to be sharing her love for it with others.  I feel blessed to have met her and I can't wait to get my hands on some of her new collections.  They are stunningly beautiful!


On Wednesday, we took a Prima 'make and take' with the UBER talented and FANTASTICALLY artistic Anna Dabrowska, aka Finnabair.  I have followed her on-line for the past several years and am continually amazed by her mixed media talent.  This is the layout we created during the 'make and take'.  And who doesn't love Prima, right?  BTW, the layouts and projects that were hung all over the Prima booth look incredible in person.  I love seeing them on-line, but seeing them in person is entirely different.  They are even more incredible.


This was one of Anna's works on the Prima wall - WOW!
We also did a really fun mixed media project at the Faber Castell booth.  I love their products and we were allowed to get messing using gelatos and Pitt pens.  The lovely Mou Saha taught us how to create a fun canvas banner.
We also met this funny sales guy, Craig, from Scrapbook Trends magazine.  We scored 'several' of the August magazines, even thought he gave us a really hard time.  Our 'payment' for the magazines was a breakfast burrito and orange juice.  Thanks Craig!


 Some of my other favorites of Summer CHA were:

1.  Pink Paislee -  'City Sidewalks'
2.  Authentique - just about everything, but especially 'Enchanted', 'Curiosity', and 'Peaceful'.  Peaceful was probably my favorite new collection of the week.
3.  FarmHouse - 'Sugar Hill', 'Market Square'
4.  Simple Stories, 'Sn@p'.  I am not a PLer, but this collection might convert me.  It is amazing.
5.  Echo Park - 'Chillingsworth Manor'  LOVE!
6.  Crate Paper - I was on the fence about their new collections before seeing them in person.  After seeing them, I NEED these - 'On Trend' and 'Acorn Avenue'.  Really love Acorn Avenue.
7.  LilyBee Design - 'Autumn Spice' and 'Christmas Cheer'
8.  October Afternoon - Oh my - there goes my paycheck.  I love All of the new ones, 'Midway', 'Witch Hazel', 'Make it Merry', and 'Farm Girl'.  How do they do it?

Whew, that is a lot! 

Oops, one more thing...who's ready for the winner of my CHA Week Giveaway??!?!?

The lucky winner is...Kelly Foster!!!  Congrats.




Kelly, contact me at 'adogslife13@hotmail.com' with your shipping information.  I'll get this out to you shortly.

That's all!  Please stop back soon.  I have so many projects I want to share.  :)

Have a great weekend and thank you for taking the time!
Photobucket

11 comments:

soapHOUSEmama said...

That looks like SO much fun!!!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Oh, it looks like you had so much fun, Tina! So happy you got to go!

photochic said...

Congrats, Kelly! And I loved seeing your pics, Tina! It is one of my dreams to be able to go to CHA one day!!!

Nitasha said...

Awesome photos! Looks like you've had a fantastic time!

Kelly Foster said...

Looks like CHA was awesome!!! Glad you had a great time! THanks so much for the giveaway!!

erin said...

What an awesome recap, Tina! Didn't realize that was your first time...now you have the CHA bug! Hope to meet you at CHA W!
Hugs!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

I'm so glad you got to go!! I hope you can come back to Cali in January for CHA winter :)

Looks like a great list of must have products...I can't wait 'till all the new things hit the shelves!

sandi said...

wow! Great pics! You are so lucky to have been able to go there! Looks like you had a blast!

cindy said...

I just loved ready your post about CHA! I had such a good time and enjoyed getting to meet you!

Diana Waite said...

Oh I'm SO glad you got to go--looks like you had a BLAST!

Eila Sandberg said...

Now I'm TOTALLY jealous, really cannot get over you meeting all those peeps IRL - holy sh-t that's awesome!! ;))))))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...