Monday, July 9, 2012

CSI Case File #27 - it's a wonderful life...

Happy July 9th!  Crazy, huh?  Summer is 1/2 over....

Speaking of summer, one of my favorite things to eat during the summer (actually it's my favorite thing all year round) is ice cream...and ice cream is the inspiration for this week's Case File.

Before I reveal the next Case File, do you want to hear a little more about our July Case File's?

We are so excited to announce that our July sponsor is Echo Park Paper Company! Echo Park's many collections are full of fun, happy colors and patterns that make them so versatile and a joy to use. Be sure to visit Echo Park's blog for loads of inspiration. Our July winner will receive a collection kit of their choice, and there are so many wonderful collections to choose from! You will see some of the design team using Echo Park products throughout the month. See if you can spot who has used them this week!

Our July Special Agent is someone we've known and admired for many years: Jill Sprott! Jill's creativity, talent for combining patterns, and gift of words will inspire you for sure! In addition to being wildly talented, Jill is also a humble sort of girl, and since she didn't share a few of her amazing scrappy accomplishments in her bio, I'll brag for her. Jill is a Two Peas in a Bucket Garden Girl and also designs for Jenni Bowlin Studios Mercantile and October Afternoon.

And speaking of being wildly talented, we are thrilled to reveal July's team of Special Investigators: Di Garling, Jacynthe Loubier, Lindy Gillespie, and Yumi Takasaki. These ladies are all enthusiastic participants at CSI, and their gorgeous work consistently catches our eye in the gallery.

Drum Roll Please...



And my take on this week's challenge.


Recognize some of that lovely Amy Tangerine 'Sketchbook' collection?  LOVE THIS!

Now on to my Evidence..

1.  Use leaves/branches
2.  Use flowers/petals
3.  Use a long title

For my journaling, I used the inspiration word of 'wonderful', and wrote about my wonderful life.  My journaling is hidden in an envelope behind my photo and reads:

It truly is a wonderful life.  When I look back at places I've been and things I've done, quite often, the events I remember the most are those 'spur of the moment' times. These photos captured one of those 'in the moment' times.  My sister was visiting me in Utah and we popped into one of those photo booths.  For a mere $3, we captured the silliness and fun that neither of us will forget.  It is so easy to get caught up with work, money, and the stress of just getting by.  But when you can relax and live in the moment, these are the times worth remembering. 

And some close-ups of my layout.





Want to see more inspiration?  Hop on over to the CSI blog and check it out.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by.  Have a wonderful week!

Photobucket

8 comments:

soapHOUSEmama said...

SO loving this! I love this collection too!

Ashley Horton said...

I LOVE the Amy Tan on your page, Tina!! Awesome take on the Case File and I am loving the fun changes to your Blog!

Helen Tilbury said...

Lovely layout Tina! You have used that Amy Tan perfectly!!

Diana Waite said...

this layout is so bright and FUN! Love those flowers too--EXCELLENT job!

sandi said...

Oh wow! This is just sooooooooooo fun looking! Love it!

Karen said...

The photos made me chuckle Tina!! Love it!

Glenna said...

My favorite line is Simple Stories.

Eila Sandberg said...

Excellent indeed Tina! your page is like a cone of lemon sorbet and mint julep, could almost lick it. Pardon for giving any ideas of a sleeping pervo here, just think it's so darned delish! xoxo

8 comments:

soapHOUSEmama said...

SO loving this! I love this collection too!

Ashley Horton said...

I LOVE the Amy Tan on your page, Tina!! Awesome take on the Case File and I am loving the fun changes to your Blog!

Helen Tilbury said...

Lovely layout Tina! You have used that Amy Tan perfectly!!

Diana Waite said...

this layout is so bright and FUN! Love those flowers too--EXCELLENT job!

sandi said...

Oh wow! This is just sooooooooooo fun looking! Love it!

Karen said...

The photos made me chuckle Tina!! Love it!

Glenna said...

My favorite line is Simple Stories.

Eila Sandberg said...

Excellent indeed Tina! your page is like a cone of lemon sorbet and mint julep, could almost lick it. Pardon for giving any ideas of a sleeping pervo here, just think it's so darned delish! xoxo