Sunday, July 22, 2012

MME July Challenge - 'Halfway There'

Happy Sunday!  Last week, Stephanie posted the new MME challenge on the MME blog.  This month's challenge is called 'Halfway There'.  Here are all the details...

What: July Challenge

Due When: End of the day on July 31

Where: Upload through InLinkz at end of the MME post

Details: This one is super fun. Tina Walker came up with the idea. She suggested it to me and I thought it was *fabulous*. It's called Halfway There. Did you know that July is halfway through 2012? EEK! Can you believe it? So the challenge is this....document it. Document the actual day (day 183) halfway through the year, document the month...document it however you interpret it.

Rules:
1. You can submit a layout,card,album,altered item,etc.
2. The project must consist of mainly MME. It must "look" like a MME layout. :) It must fit the theme.
3. The project must be created new for this challenge.
4. Upload the layout to InLinkz at the end of this post by the end of the day on July 31.
5. A random winner will be chosen and announced with the first August challenge on August 1. The prize is any MME collection- the choice is yours.

Sounds like fun!

Here's how I interpreted the challenge.

In January, re-capping certain life events in layouts and mini albums is popular. But since January is not for another six months, I thought it would be fun to create a mini with a 'halfway there' twist to the yearly re-cap.



Since 2012 is a leap year, halfway thru the year is 183 days from January 1st and lands on July 1st. That is where the title for my mini came from, 'day 183'. I thought it would be fun to recount some random, yet fun, facts of my year so far. They include:

145 loads of laundry (yuck!)
1189 hugs (love me some hugs)
5440 songs sung (I am a closet car singer)
20,347 miles flown (yes, this seems like a lot, but I travel internationally for my job, so the miles add up quickly)
18 trips to Yogurt Land (yum)
237 cups of coffee (which turn into cold drinks in the summer)
1083 pictures taken (both with my phone and DSLR)
2370 stoplights (okay, so this is entirely a guess...but who's counting)
375 dog kisses (some were sneak attacks)
183 sunrises (my favorite time of the day)

I used On The Sunny Side for this mini. It was perfect for the fun and summery feel I wanted the project to reflect. Each page has similar design elements so the theme can be carried throughout. This will be a great reminder of some totally random facts from July 2012. It would also be fun to create a mini every July 1st to see what changes year after year.

Supplies: On The Sunny Side-6x6 paper pad,chipboard elements,decorative brads,layered stickers,accessory sheet; Follow Your Heart-twine;Misc-Pine Cone Press library pocket mini album,October Afternoon spray mist,Tim Holtz paper clips,adhesive,sewing machine and thread,Sizzix texture boutique and embossing folder,Pink Paislee stencil,vintage typewriter

I can't wait to see how you interpret this month's challenge!  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Ali said...

I LOVE this!! You are, to coin a well turned phrase, a crafting genius!! Simply sublime :0)

Monika Wright said...

Can't tell you how much I adore this mini! So, so creative.

Karen said...

Love this idea Tina. Might have to join in!

Diana Waite said...

this is TOTALLY fantastic Tina!

Eila Sandberg said...

JEEEZ Tina how on earth do you come up with all your fabulous ideas?! this is freaking AMAZING stuff!! xoxo

Helen Tilbury said...

What a fun idea Tina! And I love all those stats!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...