Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pinspiration Friday over at MME

Happy Saturday to all my wonderful crafty friends!  Just a quick one today.  Over on the MME Blog, Danni and I were challenged to choose a pin from the MME 'Inspiring Layouts and Cards' and lift it.  I immediately jumped at the chance to lift one of the amazing projects that have been pinned.

Here is the pin I used for my inspiration.  This layout was created by the amazing Lady Grace Belarimo.


And my lift of the layout...

Supplies: Indie Chic-Saffron:label stickers,layered stickers,tape;Indie Chic-Ginger:stamps;Follow Your Heart:stamps;Lost and Found Two:stamps;Misc-cardstock,ink,spray mist,adhesive,sewing machine

I really love how she created a vertical mask along the center of her page and created dimension and texture with stamps, paint, and spray mist. I don't know about you, but I love stamping and misting, and have more bottles of mist than I would ever admit. ;)
For my layout, I created a square mask with my die-cut machine. Using 3 coordinating colors of spray mist, I spritzed and splattered in and over the square. Next, I stamped in the square, stamping over the edge of the mask to create a 1/2 stamped look.



 To finish the layout, I added several layered and label stickers and stitched around the outside of the square. Instead of stitching the entire edge of the square, I stopped stitching at random sections. I thought this created a new and different look.

I really enjoyed this technique and had a lot of fun with this artsy style. I WILL be using it more in the future. Thank you Lady Grace for such an amazing inspiration layout.



Hop on over to the MME Blog and check out the fantastic card that Danni created off of a lift by another amazing crafter, Laurel Seabrook.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a fantastic weekend.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

So beautiful! Love the partial stitching and what a great photo of you :)

Eila Sandberg said...

Really really like your take on LG's layout! you do the stamping, splattering and misting so well Tina, always have! xoxo

Diana Waite said...

GORGEOUS job Tina! Love all the mist, and stitching.

Ashley Horton said...

Amazing take on LGB's layout, Tina!! Love the techniques you used to add great texture to your page!

danni reid. said...

GORGEOUS my friend, you are so incredibly talented, love your style and all you create♥

5 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

So beautiful! Love the partial stitching and what a great photo of you :)

Eila Sandberg said...

Really really like your take on LG's layout! you do the stamping, splattering and misting so well Tina, always have! xoxo

Diana Waite said...

GORGEOUS job Tina! Love all the mist, and stitching.

Ashley Horton said...

Amazing take on LGB's layout, Tina!! Love the techniques you used to add great texture to your page!

danni reid. said...

GORGEOUS my friend, you are so incredibly talented, love your style and all you create♥