Friday, July 27, 2012

Smile...it makes them wonder what you're up to...

Happy Friday friends!  It seems like forever since I've posted on my blog...things have been so busy with work and travel for work and fun, I haven't had much time.

Today, I'm up on the MME blog with a fun little layout using MME stitched garland.  The design team was challenged to use the stitched garland on a fun and creative way.

Banners and garland are such an 'IN' thing right now, and I just can't get enough of them. I love the look of banners and garland on layouts and cards, and I'm always trying to think of new ways to use a banner/garland design idea in a new way. The little pre-made MME garlands are super easy and a super fun way to add a banner to a layout.



Supplies: Indie Chic-Ginger:Bouquet patterned paper,Stripes patterned paper,Brocade patterned paper,twine,stickers,layered stickers,decorative tape,garland,buttons,label stickers,chipboard;Misc-Lily Bee stickers,Tim Holtz staples and stapler,adhesive


For my layout, I strung several strands of the pre-made MME garland across the top of my page. I really love the circular garland in the IC Ginger collection because each little circle is like a little bundle of happiness.


To add just a little more fun, I strung several buttons on strands of twine and stapled them between the lines of garland. Using mini clothespins, I 'attached' my photos to the garland to make them appear as if they were hanging.


Because I used the 'Adventure' Bouquet paper as my background, not much else was needed except a title.





I hope you enjoyed this project using MME garland. I can't wait to see how you use it on your projects!

Thanks for stopping by!  Your time is appreciated!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

Super cute pic of you, Tina, and a super-fab layout! Love your garland/banner and the fun message on your page!

Helen Tilbury said...

Love your long title and love the photos of you too Tina! Rocking the new MME girl!! I am still wading my way through all the Jan CHA stuff I bought - just loved every one of those collections and must have bought one of everything!

Fluffy said...

Love what you did with the banners! and you're title made me giggle(it's so true LOL) Hope you had a fab time at CHA, have a happy weekend! Tx

Beth Hallgren said...

Love your title! You rocked another one :)

Diana Waite said...

this is ROCK'n! love the banner along the top and those pictures of you are GREAT!!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Your cool and funky style is just what MME needs. You rock their products. Amazing!

Eila Sandberg said...

He he was just wondering how on earth you have had the patience to thread the twine through all those buttons! looks brilliant, you're so right about them! Everything you create is truly amazing Tina! MME are sooo lucky to have you! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...