Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August OUAS Challenge - Summer Vacation

Happy, Happy Wednesday and August 1st!  Whew, summer is almost done...I can't believe it! 

Today is reveal day for Team A over at OUAS.  Here are all the details.....

Theme: Season (Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring)

We would like you to create a layout and interpret the theme "Season" however you like based on the following sketch. You can journal as little or as much as you like, but your layout must incorporate this theme and the sketch below. Please make sure that we see some sort of journalling on your layouts and please tell us where your journalling is . Hidden journalling is perfectly fine.

Ideas for journalling: current season in your part of the world, favourite season, seasonal traditions on your part of the word, a childhood memory, a summer romance, what summer/autumn/winter/spring brings for you, baby it's cold outside, summer loving, spring is in the air, autumn breeze, summer holidays, seasonal changes, etc etc. Anything goes ..


My favorite season is fall.  I love the weather, the colors, and the time of the year.  But instead of fall, I choose to create a layout about summer.  I found this photo while looking through some older paper photos.  It is me and my mom, circa 1968.


I flipped the sketch vertically and used Crate Paper - Pretty Party for my layout.


I've hidden my journaling behind my photo in an envelope.  It reads:

Summer is always a fond memory as a child.

 The lazy days of doing nothing except going

to the pool, riding your bike, and summer

 vacations.  Many of my summer vacations

 were spent in Wisconsin at my Grandparents

house(s).  When I returned from visiting my

 Grandparents, my family would usually go

 to a local Amusement Park.  In Ohio, there

are two major parks, Kings Island and Cedar Point.

Cedar Point was always my favorite.  

I wasn't a ride lover, but the food and the games

made up for the rides.

 



Please hop on over to OUAS and check out the other amazing layouts from the DT. 

As always, thanks for taking the time to stop by.  Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Photobucket

9 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Great use of the sketch, Tina and I really love the Crate Paper on this one!!

photochic said...

You are just amazing, Tina!! I love your take on the sketch. And I never would have thought that Crate Paper Pretty Party could be summer-y! You are such an inspiration! :)

Diana Waite said...

this is a TOTALLY fantastic take on the sketch!! Also, CONGRATS to you for the HUGE feature in the CK magasine was SO giddy when I opened it up and you were looking back at me! :)

angie gutshall said...

Tina, this is my new favrite layout from you!! I just LOVE it!!!

Keri said...

Ooh, love all the stitching and loose threads, especially the little stitched-across butterflies...great layout, Tina!

Svetlana Austin said...

Tina your LO is so moody and whimsical! I love all the interesting details on it and the airy feeling of summer days :-))

Lene said...

What a great layout - totally love it !!!!!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Sheesh Tina this really is ADORABLE! love that photo, reminds me of so many of the ones from my own childhood summers. This is delightfully whimsical and just so very cute!! xoxo

Fi said...

As I said on you FB page love this one, so soft and pretty and the photo was perfect for it.

9 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Great use of the sketch, Tina and I really love the Crate Paper on this one!!

photochic said...

You are just amazing, Tina!! I love your take on the sketch. And I never would have thought that Crate Paper Pretty Party could be summer-y! You are such an inspiration! :)

Diana Waite said...

this is a TOTALLY fantastic take on the sketch!! Also, CONGRATS to you for the HUGE feature in the CK magasine was SO giddy when I opened it up and you were looking back at me! :)

angie gutshall said...

Tina, this is my new favrite layout from you!! I just LOVE it!!!

Keri said...

Ooh, love all the stitching and loose threads, especially the little stitched-across butterflies...great layout, Tina!

Svetlana Austin said...

Tina your LO is so moody and whimsical! I love all the interesting details on it and the airy feeling of summer days :-))

Lene said...

What a great layout - totally love it !!!!!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Sheesh Tina this really is ADORABLE! love that photo, reminds me of so many of the ones from my own childhood summers. This is delightfully whimsical and just so very cute!! xoxo

Fi said...

As I said on you FB page love this one, so soft and pretty and the photo was perfect for it.