Saturday, August 11, 2012

CSI - Case File #32 'Backyard Vacation'

Hello, Hello!  Well it's another week and another reveal over at CSI.  This week's challenge is full of summer and beach inspiration.  Let's check it out!


And Michelle's coordinates...


This week, I thought it would be fun to use Michelle's coordinates for my paper and embellishment choice.  I must admit, this was so simply and quick.  You didn't have to spend hours looking for 'just the right' paper or embellishment. The perfect product is right at your fingertips.

A couple of close-ups before we get to my layout...





My evidence includes:

1.  Stars
2.  Something translucent - I used glass bead modeling paste.  When it dried, the beads are translucent.
3.  Wet medium - paint, mist, and glass bead modeling paste.
4.  Something grainy - the glass bead modeling paste.
5.  Dots
6.  Soften the edge of your picture.   I 'softened' my photo with photo editing software before printing.
7.  Gauze


For my journaling, I wrote about my summer vacations as a young child.  It reads:

As a child, summer never arrived fast enough, and never lasted long enough.  We all have memories of our Summertime Vacations and Holidays; traveling miles and miles visiting family and friends, long weekends to the beach, and day trips to local sights.  These are all fond memories and memories often recollected at family gatherings and events, but often, the simple everyday experiences are the memories cherished as an adult.

One of my cherished memories as a child, is waking up {very early} on any given day, watching cartoons until 11:00am, and then spending the rest of the day at the pool.  When I was younger, the pool was in the backyard and when I got older, we had a pool membership. My parents would have to force me to come inside when the sun went down, take a bath, and go to bed.  The next day I would get up and do it all over again!
Hop on over to CSI and check out the full DT reveal.  And if you need a little inspiration, try out Michelle's coordinates!  They will help inspire you.

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a wonderful Saturday!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Ali said...

Stunning Tina!! I loved this challenge, looks like you did too :0)

Leeann Pearce said...

Oh Tina thank you so much for your comments. Oh I am seriously in love with this page i love those little beads and that star/circle stamp. but the photo is too precious for sure! Awesome work as always Tina!

sandi said...

Oh wow Tina this is so neat looking! Love everything about it!

Annette said...

wow your layouts are always amazing...this is awesome.

Diana Waite said...

wow this is AWESOME!! I love all the bits here and there--BEAUTIFUL job!

Ashley Horton said...

Such an awesome page Tina!! I love all of the texture and the way you used the coordinates!!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors, the texture, everything!

Beth Hallgren said...

Ssoft and pretty :) So cool that you have photos of your childhood, most of mine were ruined in a flood :(

Eila Sandberg said...

Didn't we all just love this case file? amazing colours. Love the beads and stamping but as I am sucker for older photos, this one just stole my heart. Amazing page as always darling! xoxo

9 comments:

Ali said...

Stunning Tina!! I loved this challenge, looks like you did too :0)

Leeann Pearce said...

Oh Tina thank you so much for your comments. Oh I am seriously in love with this page i love those little beads and that star/circle stamp. but the photo is too precious for sure! Awesome work as always Tina!

sandi said...

Oh wow Tina this is so neat looking! Love everything about it!

Annette said...

wow your layouts are always amazing...this is awesome.

Diana Waite said...

wow this is AWESOME!! I love all the bits here and there--BEAUTIFUL job!

Ashley Horton said...

Such an awesome page Tina!! I love all of the texture and the way you used the coordinates!!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors, the texture, everything!

Beth Hallgren said...

Ssoft and pretty :) So cool that you have photos of your childhood, most of mine were ruined in a flood :(

Eila Sandberg said...

Didn't we all just love this case file? amazing colours. Love the beads and stamping but as I am sucker for older photos, this one just stole my heart. Amazing page as always darling! xoxo