Friday, August 17, 2012

CSI - Case File #33, 'Streets of SLC'

Happy Friday everyone!  And you know what that means!  Another super FAB Case File over at CSI.

I love the colors on this one.  It reminds me of the East Coast and all of the fabulous Lighthouse standing watch.

Without further adieu...


And my take on the this weeks challenge.





My evidence includes:
1.  Wood/Woodgrain - chipboard fence
2.  Liquid medium - spray mist
3.  Clouds - in my photo
4.  White background
5.  Triangles - I created a visual triangle with my 3 clusters of die cuts

And for my testimony, I wrote about three facts of Utah (Salt Lake City).

Utah Fun Facts
·         Scenes of Aspen Grove and Sundance (Robert Redford's resort) were shot for Redford's film “A River Runs Through It” using the Heber Valley Railroad's Number 75 steam engine.
·         Vernal, Utah has an interesting claim to fame: The Bank of Vernal, built in 1919, is the world's only bank constructed from bricks sent by post. When Vernal bricklayers shopped around, they found out that shipping bricks via the U.S. Postal System was far cheaper than transporting them from Salt Lake City.
·         Several northern Utah towns have outdated (and rather strange) laws still on the books. For instance, it is illegal to enter a Kaysville convenience store after dark without identification; women may not swear in Logan; throwing a snowball in Provo will incur a $50 fine; and in Salt Lake City, it is illegal to walk down the street carrying a violin concealed in a paper bag.

That is all for today.  I leave tonight for yet another work trip to Asia.  I'll see y'all in a week! 

Photobucket

8 comments:

Diana Waite said...

this is a FUN challenge--love all the great little details on this one! also really like that you made it 11 x 8.5

sandi said...

Oh wow! This is so neat. Love the fun mix! The card looks neat in the cluster! Fabulous as always!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Another great layout! Love that it's 11x8 1/2...the landscape layouts always stand out, thanks for the reminder to make one again ;) Thanks for the fun facts about Utah too..I've got to remember the no violins in a paper bag next time I'm in SLC. (what the heck??)

Ashley Horton said...

Love the OA on this one Tina and the twine tied around your "fence" looks awesome!!

Moongirl said...

I loved your funny laws! The layout is pretty fabulous too. I love the twine "rope" hung on the fence.

Helen Tilbury said...

Love this slick and funky layout Tina & the facts are really interesting too. Great to document your area...

Karen said...

I love this format and size. Awesome Tina.

Eila Sandberg said...

Yah, totally awesome Tina! so many cute details and how fun are the facts :))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...