Friday, September 14, 2012

CSI + OUAS = Double Inspiration

Happy Friday! And Happy September my CSI and OUAS friends!  A new month brings new things to CSI and Once Upon a Sketch, and there are some exciting new surprises for September!

At CSI, we have not only one new sponsor for September, but two! First, we so excited to have 7 Dots Studio. 7 Dots Studio is a Polish scrapbooking company, born of a dream come true by two friends, Finnabair (Anna Dąbrowska-Pękocka) and Anai (Anna Iwanowska-Pietkiewicz), wonderful women, scrapbookers and designers who love creating. 7 Dots Studio chooses the best quality material for their beautiful products, which are sold in shops throughout the world. A peek at the 7 Dots Studio blog will show you the beauty of their products and the immense talent of their design team. We are so lucky to have the 7 Dots Studio design team joining us as Guest Detectives this month.

CSI is thrilled to announce that Flying Unicorn will be a permanent sponsor for the coming year, starting this month. Flying Unicorn...it’s about One of a Kind. They offer an incredible selection of products for all paper crafting artists. Their Kit of the Month if filled with the latest and greatest and includes an off-the-page project to keep your creative muse flowing! The Flying Unicorn design team will be joining us in future months as Guest Detectives.

For September, we also have a new batch of fabulous guest designers. Lots and lots of them!
Their gorgeous work will surely inspire us all!

We have not only one Special Agent this month, but a whole TEAM of Special Agents. You might have seen us dropping hints on Facebook about a special surprise for September. This month, CSI is teaming up with our friends at Once Upon a Sketch to present a wonderful twist on our Case Files!

CSI added Nadia Cannizzo's fabulous sketches to our Case Files, and the OUAS design team (which I am also a member of) will be joining us as Special Agents. CSI Detectives' work will also be displayed alongside the OUAS design team's work at the Once Upon a Sketch blog.

When you visit Once Upon a Sketch, you will notice that several of our CSI Detectives are also OUAS artists: Helena Virpi, Tina Walker, Eila Sandberg. Heather Jacob and Maiko Kosugi.

We think this is going to be a fun and fabulous challenge for you! Thank you to Nadia for this wonderful brainstorm!

As always, we have handpicked four CSI Members to join us as our September team of Special Investigators. Please welcome Anupama Choudary, Elaine Forum Smidt, Karen Watson, and Zeffy Konstantinidis. These ladies' beautiful work has consistently caught our eye in the gallery, and we are so happy to have them with us this month!

From Once Upon a Sketch, there will be FOUR challenges in September, instead of the usual 1 challenge . This is because CSI has 4 challenges each month. Each challenge will be revealed on Saturday morning (Australian time) to coincide with the challenge reveals at CSI in the USA and you MUST remember that you will have just 9 days per challenge to enter your layouts here on our side
Lastly, everything will go back to normal in October and we will have a reveal October 1st as usual. So I hope you guys have fun and enjoy what we have planned for you.
 
Whew, that was a lot.  Now with all the details behind us, let's get to the challenge.  :)
 

 
For my evidence, I included the following:
 
1.  Use stripes and dots.
2.  Use a book page.
3.  Use labels (labels as in a definition of oneself)
4.  Use circles
 




 
For my journaling (testimony), I use a song title as inspiration - 'Bless the broken road' by Rascal Flatts.  My journaling is included on the back of my layout and reads...
 
"I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you"

I couldn't have written it better.  If you have been following several of my CSI layouts, you have read about my failed marriage(s) and my journey to find love again.   I bless the heartache, pain, and sorrow as they have made me a stronger woman.  The failures have all led me to where I am today.  I am in a place to accept love, to give love, and to Bless the Broken Road.
I hope you find time to play along with us this month.  With two amazing Design Teams (CSI and OUAS sharing so much inspiration, I am SURE you will be inspired!
Thank you (as always) for stopping by!  I really appreciate your time and comments.  Stay well!
 
Photobucket

5 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Tina! Love all the beautiful blossoms!

Diana Waite said...

what a FANTASTIC layout--I actually like that song--so cool that you incorporated music!

Eila Sandberg said...

Not only is this page absolutely fabulous, I was really touched by your journalling too. Also I have heart ache and sorrow in my luggage but am embracing life as a stronger woman and better person because of it. Love the subtle beauty of your page, just love it to bits Tina! Mwah!

Helen Tilbury said...

Oh Tina this is amazing and beautiful! I always love my bloggy visits with you!!

melshappyscrappyplace said...

LOVE this!! Beautiful colors, pics and heartfelt journaling. I love that song :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...