Monday, September 3, 2012

Playing catch up on MME projects!

Happy Monday and Happy Labor Day for my US crafty friends!

It's taking a bit to get caught up from my business trip a couple of weeks ago, so I am going to get caught up on all of my MME projects in one post.  :)

First up, is a layout I created for Pinspiration Friday on the MME blog.

The DT was challenged to create a project using a pinned project from a Pinterest board HERE.

I was inspired by two separate projects from the amazing Patricia Roebuck.

The first lift is from Patricia's card, titled 'Make a Wish'. I really loved the timeless design that is so versatile and easy on the eye. I used this design as the basis for my layout.

Using MME 6x6 pads, I layered several pieces across the left side of my page and stitched them in place.

I added several coordinating chipboard banners and a die cut to the top of the page, and folded strips of decorative tape in half and stitched to the bottom of my page.



Supplies:The Sweetest Thing-Tangerine:'Happy' title,'Sunshine' title,tiny word stickers,wood&chip buttons,decorative brads,decorative tape;Misc:American Crafts alphas,adhesives,sewing machine and thread



The second project I used as inspiration was Patricia's rolled paper frame. I LOVE the idea (and look) of rolled paper, so I replicated this on my layout. I rolled several small strips of paper and adhered them together with twine.




Thank you so very much for the inspiration and your beautiful style, Patricia. It was a joy to lift you!

My second project was a super easy, super fast, and really great Holiday decor creation, using one of my favorite products; decorative tape.

Supplies:All is Bright:Christmas tag,layered stickers,chipboard elements;The Sweetest Thing-Honey:decorative tape;Misc:Ikea frame,adhesives

I love creating (and changing) my holiday decorations year after year. I am always looking for unique, fast, and inexpensive ways to make my home festive for the holidays.

This home decor project took less than 30 minutes to make and can be changed year after year.

You will need a frame, a scrap piece of paper, chipboard or layered sticker embellishment, and decorative tape.

Here are the steps...

1. Remove the glass and inside from the frame. Cut a piece of scrap paper slightly larger than the frame opening. I always use the back cardboard piece as a template.

2. Adhere the paper to the frame cardboard.

3. Adhere your chipboard or layered sticker on top of the paper.

4. Adhere decorative tape on the front of the frame and trim to fit (the width of this decorative tape was a perfect fit for the front of my frame).


Voila! Done. In less than 5 steps. Next year, you can remove the embellishments and replace with a new design. You can also place new decorative tape over the old, or remove completely.

I hope you enjoyed this little project! Even though it's only August, it is really putting me in the Christmas spirit!

My last project was created for a 1 hour challenge over at the Creating Keepsakes Blog - Sticker Cut Up!

What is your favorite design element?  Hexagons, Circles, Squares?  Mine is triangles.  I LOVE triangles.  Triangles give such a artsy, creative, and totally different look and is super HOT right now.

 
As I was thinking about a way to use triangles in a totally different and unique way, my eye caught a sheet of our new Tiny Word Stickers laying on my desk.  It was just sitting there begging to be used.  So I put my crafty cap on and thought about how I could use the Tiny Word stickers with my triangle theme.  Then it hit me...how about if I cut the sheet of Tiny Word stickers into a triangle.  Yes! 

I adhered the sheet to a piece of cardstock (to add stability) and made several triangle templates with my die cut machine.  I stitched around the edge of each Tiny Word sticker triangle and added them to the page with several patterned paper triangles. 


 
Also, did you notice the photo?  The photo is of my GROWN boys and me, last year at Dead Horse State Park.  Did you notice that I used pink on my page?  Yup, your eyes aren't  playing tricks on you.  I am loving the Honey line and had been wanting to use it, but having two boys, it is 'pretty pink'.  So, to tone done the pink so that only subtle hints of color appear, I use it with a lot of white and black.  Betcha didn't even notice there was pink on my layout till I said something.  ;)

So get out those Tiny Word stickers and cut them up in ways you never imagined!
 
Thank you for letting me get caught up!  I hope you enjoyed my projects and thank you for stopping by!  Have a wonderful Monday!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow!!! SO many amazingly beautiful projects!!! I am in awe! I just love MME and I am especially in love with that LO and the rolled up papers! This is such a cool idea! Thanks for all of the inspiration!!!
Lisa

Ashley Horton said...

Love both of your layouts Tina!! The photo on the first one is gorgeous and I love the way you used the card for inspiration! And the triangles on your second layout are so fun!! Love you home dec project too!! So very creative!

sandi said...

Wow! Such amazing creativity going on here! Love everything! Fabulous, just fab!

Helen Tilbury said...

Amazing work Tina! Wow, wow, wow!! I love triangles too!! And I love your effect with all the paper scrolls tied up with twine - super cool!!

Eila Sandberg said...

MME and you really are a match made in heaven, all of your work with their products is just magical. You are a true wizz Tina! Adore your lift, especially like the paper scrolls and the tape banner/ruffle. The whole page is a stunner for sure! Really lovely home decor, and the page with the triangles is really so cool and fun! xoxo

melshappyscrappyplace said...

Amazing projects!! I love the rolled papers on the waterfront layout and your beautiful home decor piece. You are so talented!!

Diana Waite said...

LOVE it all--simply AMAZING!!

7 comments:

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow!!! SO many amazingly beautiful projects!!! I am in awe! I just love MME and I am especially in love with that LO and the rolled up papers! This is such a cool idea! Thanks for all of the inspiration!!!
Lisa

Ashley Horton said...

Love both of your layouts Tina!! The photo on the first one is gorgeous and I love the way you used the card for inspiration! And the triangles on your second layout are so fun!! Love you home dec project too!! So very creative!

sandi said...

Wow! Such amazing creativity going on here! Love everything! Fabulous, just fab!

Helen Tilbury said...

Amazing work Tina! Wow, wow, wow!! I love triangles too!! And I love your effect with all the paper scrolls tied up with twine - super cool!!

Eila Sandberg said...

MME and you really are a match made in heaven, all of your work with their products is just magical. You are a true wizz Tina! Adore your lift, especially like the paper scrolls and the tape banner/ruffle. The whole page is a stunner for sure! Really lovely home decor, and the page with the triangles is really so cool and fun! xoxo

melshappyscrappyplace said...

Amazing projects!! I love the rolled papers on the waterfront layout and your beautiful home decor piece. You are so talented!!

Diana Waite said...

LOVE it all--simply AMAZING!!