Saturday, October 20, 2012

CSI Case File #42, Big Sister

Happy Saturday my crafty friends!  Yesterday was the reveal for the next Case File over at CSI, and I must admit - I LOVE the colors on this one.

Let's get right to the challenge, shall we?

Here is the challenge and challenge prompts...

 and the lovely coordinates that Michelle created....


Before we get to my layout, let me share the evidence I found at the crime scene.  :)

1.  Use Circles.
2.  Use Flowers.
3.  Use Polka Dots.  (I made my own with paint splatters on the background)
4.  Grid Design.

Here are some close-ups of the evidence.

For my journaling, I took my prompt from the inspiration word, 'SMALL'.  When looking through my photos, I came across this picture of my sister (as a newborn) and how 'small' she was and what a 'big' sister I was.  :)

I have placed my journaling on the backside of my layout, and it reads..

Big Sister
I love being a Big Sister.
My sister and I are 7 years apart.
I remember baby-sitting her when I was younger, and how she followed me EVERYWHERE.  I remember when I had already graduated High School and she was entering her early teenage years and how we seemed worlds apart.
As we grow older, the difference in our years grows smaller and smaller.  We both have grown children, and are in that ‘next phase’ of life. 
I don’t get to see my sister often, but when we do, we always have fun and create memories we will always cherish.

And the finished layout....


Make sure you stop on by the CSI Blog and check out the full reveal!

I would also like to welcome the new Design Team.  Debbi made the announcement this week and this line-up is FULL of very talented and inspiring ladies and GENT!  Yes, we have a gentleman on the DT and I am so excited about that!

Beth Ervin - United States
Debbie Standard - United States
Helen Wallace - Australia
Jasmine Shea - Australia
Jeanette Lee - Singapore
Lindy Gillespie - Australia
Lou Collins - United Kingdom
Maria Schmidt - Austria
Riikka Kovasin - FInland
Sascha Schmidt - Austria
Yumi Takasaki - Japan
And here are our returning Detectives:
Adrienne Ford - United States
Anna-Karin Evaldsson - South Africa
Annette Gearside - Australia
Brit Sviggum - Norway
Debbi Tehrani- United States
Eila Sandberg - Sweden
Heather Jacob - Australia
Helena Virpi - Italy
Maiko Kosugi - Japan
Michele Singh - United States
Shaunery Wharton - United States
Tina Walker - United States
Thank you for stopping by!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Photobucket

5 comments:

sandi said...

What a fabulous lo! Love the look, love the combo together!

Ashley Horton said...

Love the Crate Paper on this Tina!! The road map makes an awesome background!! Great use of the CSI colors!!

Diana Waite said...

SERIOUSLY LOVE this layout!

Arnlaug said...

This is awsome!!

bluebuttonpress said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the CP chipboard you used and all the lovely embellishments. Well done!

5 comments:

sandi said...

What a fabulous lo! Love the look, love the combo together!

Ashley Horton said...

Love the Crate Paper on this Tina!! The road map makes an awesome background!! Great use of the CSI colors!!

Diana Waite said...

SERIOUSLY LOVE this layout!

Arnlaug said...

This is awsome!!

bluebuttonpress said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the CP chipboard you used and all the lovely embellishments. Well done!