Monday, October 8, 2012

My Creative Scrapbook - Day 3 of reveals...

Happy Monday and welcome to my final day of reveals for my Guest Designing over at My Creative Scrapbook.

The final project I created with the October Main Kit, was a mixed media canvas, using papers and embellishments from the kit, with some product from my own stash. 

I don't know about you, but I really enjoy getting messy and creating mixed media canvases.  They are always so much fun and are so open to artistic interpretation.

Believe it or not, I actually started my canvas using the negative from the chipboard embellishment sheet as a mask for my background.



I started layering spray mists and paints to create texture and dimension.

 

I used the shape from this owl on 2PS (member veridiana), and used my leftover patterned paper from the kit for my canvas. 


I added rub-ons, stamping, accent color with paint and markers, and doodling to finish the owl.



I added my title, and she was DONE!




So next time you have left over scraps and don't know what to do with them, create a mixed media canvas.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a terrific Monday!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Annette said...

wow Tina you are just the crafter...this canvas is amazing...

Diana Waite said...

wow SO artsy and CREATIVE--LOVE it!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Awesome! Absolutely love!

Helen Tilbury said...

This is amazing Tina - you just blow me away every time I visit here - absolutely oodles and oodles of talent!! I am so glad to see you flying this year - you so deserve it!!!

Bente Fagerberg said...

I love the creativeness of this Tina! Great idea! And that owl is just adorable. Looks like such a fun project! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Georgia Heald said...

Sooooo AMAZING Tina!! Gorgeous texture and so artsy, love it!

Ashley Horton said...

Oh My!! This is too cute Tina!! Love that fun owl and the mix of texture on your canvas is really awesome!!

7 comments:

Annette said...

wow Tina you are just the crafter...this canvas is amazing...

Diana Waite said...

wow SO artsy and CREATIVE--LOVE it!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Awesome! Absolutely love!

Helen Tilbury said...

This is amazing Tina - you just blow me away every time I visit here - absolutely oodles and oodles of talent!! I am so glad to see you flying this year - you so deserve it!!!

Bente Fagerberg said...

I love the creativeness of this Tina! Great idea! And that owl is just adorable. Looks like such a fun project! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Georgia Heald said...

Sooooo AMAZING Tina!! Gorgeous texture and so artsy, love it!

Ashley Horton said...

Oh My!! This is too cute Tina!! Love that fun owl and the mix of texture on your canvas is really awesome!!