Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My favorite month and my favorite Holiday!

Good Morning fellow artists and crafters! 

Welcome to October!  I love October!  I love fall!  and I love Halloween! 

There is nothing like the cooler weather, the beautiful fall colors, and the fun decorations for Halloween.

When I first saw My Mind's Eye new Halloween collection, 'Lost & Found Halloween', I immediately fell in love with the color palette and wonderful design.  I new exactly what my first project would be with the collection, so I went to work.

I'm not sure if you have ever been bitten by the 'Printer Tray' obsession, but I love Printer's Trays.  They are the perfect way for creating fun Holiday decor and for showcasing family memories.  For my project share today, I combined Lost & Found Halloween with a 7gypsies Printer Tray for a spooky, yet fun Halloween decoration.


I treat each cubbie as a little piece of canvas, and create a mini scene, using 6x6 paper, chipboard elements, glittered accessory sheets, brads and layered stickers.






Don't forget the edges of your tray.  Layer additional elements on the edges for a 3D effect.


I hope you enjoyed my Spooky Tray.  Make sure you hop on over to the MME blog and leave a comment to win one of the new Mid Release collections.  Here is a peek of the new lines.




I personally can't wait to get my hands on the 'Lucky in Love' collection.  Be still my beating heart!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!  Your time and comments are greatly appreciated.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Goodness this is awesome! I've had a tray hanging out in my stash for at least 2 years and have just never taken the plunge to cute it up. Okay, now I need to go look for it and see what I can come up with.

Ashley Horton said...

Hmmm...you may be giving me the bug to do a Printer's Tray, Tina!! They are great for Home Decor and I am loving this one with the MME Halloween!! The glitter is really awesome and I love the popped up skull & crossbones!

Briana Johnson said...

WOW! That is one AMAZINGly pretty Halloween project!

sandi said...

Wow Tina, this tray is simply amazing!!! I love each square and as a whole...it looks awesome!

melshappyscrappyplace said...

Seriously LOVE your Halloween printer's tray! I just picked up a hug vintage one today and am now feeling even more inspired to do something cool with it :)

Kally said...

Love this idea! I want to make one. Kally
http://wellnessandtoys.com/?p=272

6 comments:

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Goodness this is awesome! I've had a tray hanging out in my stash for at least 2 years and have just never taken the plunge to cute it up. Okay, now I need to go look for it and see what I can come up with.

Ashley Horton said...

Hmmm...you may be giving me the bug to do a Printer's Tray, Tina!! They are great for Home Decor and I am loving this one with the MME Halloween!! The glitter is really awesome and I love the popped up skull & crossbones!

Briana Johnson said...

WOW! That is one AMAZINGly pretty Halloween project!

sandi said...

Wow Tina, this tray is simply amazing!!! I love each square and as a whole...it looks awesome!

melshappyscrappyplace said...

Seriously LOVE your Halloween printer's tray! I just picked up a hug vintage one today and am now feeling even more inspired to do something cool with it :)

Kally said...

Love this idea! I want to make one. Kally
http://wellnessandtoys.com/?p=272