Monday, November 5, 2012

CSI - Case File #44 - Never Forget

Happy Monday! 

Well it was back to work for me today.  :( 

I am feeling better, but you can tell my body was used to frequent naps during the day because this afternoon, I could barely keep my eyes open.

Last Friday, the new Case File went LIVE, over at CSI.  It was a special reveal as this was the first reveal for the new DT. All I can say is WOW - it really knocked my socks off.  There is SO much talent on this DT, and am in awe! 

A new month brings new sponsors, new Special Agents, new Special Investigators, and new Guest Detectives.  Here is what Debbi had to say:

We are excited to announce that My Mind's Eye is sponsoring us this month. Best known for their beautiful textured paper and designs as well as their fun coordinating elements, My Mind's Eye is a hip scrapbook company that offers cutting-edge scrapbook supplies for scrapbookers of all levels! My Mind's eye is donating a collection of your choice to one lucky CSI Member. We're delighted to have the My Mind's Eye design team join us as Guest Detectives this month. Joining us this week is Tamara Jensen.

We also are thrilled to have Flying Unicorn as a main sponsor this month. Flying Unicorn is generously donating six prizes this month! Come see the beautiful prizes Flying Uicorn is donating right here.

Flying Unicorn...it’s about One of a Kind. They offer an incredible selection of products for all paper crafting artists. Their Kit of the Month is filled with the latest and greatest and includes an off-the-page project to keep your creative muse flowing! The fabulous Flying Unicorn design team is joining us as Guest Detectives this month. This week, we have Alda Stevens, the owner of Flying Unicorn, Jackie Clark, Shona Keehn, and Tammy Henderson.

We are also very thrilled to have Scrapbook Fantasies as a permanent sponsor who will be offering a prize of beautiful ribbons and trims each week to our Star Witness. Scrapbook Fantasies is a Scrapbooking, Papercrafts and Mixed Media business opened in November 2002 in Gladstone, Queensland. The well stocked store receives new stock daily, and supports a boutique style online store here. The owner Alicia runs Weekly Challenges and many other competitions giving away over $250 dollars in store vouchers every month. The Gallery hosts thousands of customer creations, and is available for viewing without login. Parcels are posted within Australia at a flat $6.50 or the actual postage rate (whichever is the lesser), or FREE for orders over $100. International parcels are posted at the actual postage rate.

If you have never played along, this month is the perfect month to try us out.  Just look at that list of sponsors!

Here is some more information regarding the Case File's this month.

We are so excited to have the very talented Jennifer McGuire joining us as our Special Agent this month. Jennifer is a scrapbooker, stamper, and card artist. She's the contributing editor of Paper Crafts magazine and authored the popular "Tips and Techniques" column in Creating Keepsakes magazine as well as two fabulous books that were spin-offs of that column. She is an artist for Hero Arts and also contributes designs to Tim Holtz and Ranger Industries. We are so fortunate to have her inspiring CSI members this month!

As always, we have handpicked CSI Members to join us as our October team of Special Investigators. Please welcome Miae, Suzanna Lee, and Vivian Huizenga. (It turns out that our fourth Special Investigator, Riikka Kovasin has joined the design team.) These ladies' beautiful work has consistently caught our eye in the gallery, and we're delighted to have them on the team this month!

There is a lot going on and we are happy to see so much activity and participation.

Should we get to the reveal?

Here.....we......go!!!!!

 and the lovely coordinates created by Michelle.


Here is my take on the Case File this week!


My evidence includes the following:
1.  Use stripes (washi tape and pattern on die-cut)
2.  Use swirls  It is really hard to tell from my photo, but I stamped swirls on he background.  It is a slight, subtle look, but it's there.
3.  Use a frame.  I framed my photo by layered several die cuts behind it.
4.  Use a transparent element.  (glassine envelope holding my journaling and washi tape)
5.  Use a doily pattern.  (Flare and scalloped paper strip)
6.  Use something rolled up (I rolled up 3 patterned papers)



For my Testimony, I took my prompt from 2 of the prompts - 'Document something you love in your home' and 'write 4 things about your subject).  This was super easy, as I LOVE my kids!  :)

Hidden journaling reads:

Never forget how much you mean to me
Never forget how happy you make me feel
Never forget I will always be here for you
Never forget how much I love you.


I hope you enjoyed my layout and find time this week to play along.  Please stop by the CSI blog to check out the full DT reveal!

As always, thank you for stopping by!  I greatly appreciate your time and comments!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

You always inspire me Tina!!

Ashley Horton said...

Such an awesome page, Tina!! Love the peeks of the Washi Tape, the flags, the rolled paper, and that cute elephant!! I miss playing along at CSI, but haven't had time lately!! But I always love seeing the new Case Files every week!!

Andrea said...

awesome page! I have never played along with CSI, but would love to! It has always intimidated me!

sandi said...

wow! This is fabulous! So upbeat! Love all the bits and pieces! Looks so nice!

Diana Waite said...

LOVe this page! I think I might have to try this--have to get my other assignments out of the way...but I want to play too! :)

soapHOUSEmama said...

I love that elephant and those little paper rolls are so fab!

Eila Sandberg said...

This first reveal with the new DT sure was mega massive and chock-a-block with inspiration and has continued to be so! LOVE this page and all the wonderful bits and bos like the tiny rolls of paper and the cute elephant. Hope you're having a smashing weekend sweetie! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...