Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My first project for JBS! (Woo Hoo)

Happy Tuesday my crafty friends!

Today, I am sharing my first project for Jenni Bowlin Studios.  (Yay!)

Can you believe Christmas is less than a month away? It really doesn’t seem possible at all. It just seems like yesterday I was wearing sandals and shorts. But, since December and Christmas are SO close, I thought it would be fun to create a little holiday home décor project for you.


One of my favorite crafty pastimes is creating fast and simple home decorations with my scrappy supplies.

When I create home decorations, I like to start with a simple frame that can be embellished to adjust to the season. I embellished my frame by adhering several strips of washi tape around the edges. Isn’t that a super quick and great look?


I removed the glass from the frame and ‘backed’ my wall art with paper from the Christmas 2012 collection. I then cut a section from the Assessory Sheet, inked the edges and adhered with foam strips. Adding a little dimension with pop dots or foam squares adds a big impact with such a small detail.



I filled 3 medicine vials with glitter and tied them together with twine.

  I added a star sticker(s), star rhinestone, and stick pin to complete the holiday look. This project seriously took no more than 30 minutes to complete. Perfect for the busy holiday season.


Supply List:

Paper:
Christmas 2012, 6" Quad
Christmas 2012, Accessory Sheet

Other:
Star Banner - Red Stickers
Apothecary Red Stickers
Mini Chalkboard Alpha Red Stickers
Stick Pin - Antique
Rhinestone Stars - Black

Misc:

Frame - IKEA
Washi Tape - MT Tape
Ink - Distress Ink
Twine - Martha Stewart
Adhesive - Tombow (tape runner), Scrapbook Adhesives (foam tape)
Glass Vials - Vintage Find
Glitter - Martha Stewart

Thank you for letting me share my Merry Christmas frame with you today. I will be sharing another Christmas project this week, so be sure to stop back.  Have a great week!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Olga_Mendel said...

What a bright and colorful thing, so many interesting details, I loved it. Christmas mood around us...

Annette said...

wow Tina this is amazing... You are just so creative and have amazing ideas..

Diana Waite said...

this is FUN!

Ashley Horton said...

Amazing for your first JBS reveal Tina!! Love the pop of the Green plaid against the White frame and the little cluster at the bottom!

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Wow, Tina, this is just so fun and cute!

Kim Price said...

Oh Tina this is absolutely beautiful :)

sandi said...

Wow! Love this! So creative....fabulous!

Connie Mercer said...

Tina~gorgeous work, Thanks for stopping by blog:):):)

Heather Jacob said...

hey there gorgeous girl ... this is so divine and wonderful art work .. your work is beautiful just like YOU xoxoxoo

Lori Comeau said...

Your artwork is just lovely. I love how you displayed it with the cute little elf.
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...