Thursday, November 1, 2012

OUAS November Sketch - Due West

IF YOU ARE HERE FOR THE LOVE MY TAPES BLOG HOP, CLICK HERE.

Happy Thursday to all my crafty friends.  I am so bummed today as I was supposed to be going to CKU in CT this week, but ended up with the FLU and missed my flight yesterday.  :(  I'm feeling better today, but no chance to reschedule my flight with the backlogs from the SUPER STORM. 

So I am home and will take advantage of the free time and get some scrapping in.  :)

Today, the November sketch went live over at OUAS.  


The theme this month is '_____'.  You fill in the blank.  Awesome, huh?  So, I thought I'd create a layout about my journey to 'the west' and write about the path I am on.


I had this 'older' Amy Tangerine product sitting in my stash for awhile, so I pulled it out and it matched the theme I was going for perfectly.


I used Imaginarium Designs chipboard for my title and compass design.  Love their chippies!





My journaling is hidden in an envelope behind my photo.  I rarely journaling so it's visible, and prefer to hide my words behind my photos or on the back of my layout.  My journaling reads:

3 years ago, I moved to Utah chasing a new
job and a new life.  There is something peaceful
and renewing in the mountains.  Perhaps you
feel closer to the sky and you can touch the ground.
My life has changed a lot since I moved out west.
I am more at peace with myself and feel that I may
finally may be traveling on the right path, at the right time.
But things change.  That is constant. 
Every day brings a new challenge and a new opportunity.
I wonder where the next fork in the road will take me.


Be sure to stop by the OUAS blog and check out the fantastic inspiration from the other DT members.  Also, play along for a chance to win some amazing goodies from our fabulous sponsors.

That's all for today!  I hope you have a wonderful Thursday and terrific week.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Moongirl said...

Awesome layering! I love the paper line you chose.

Diana Waite said...

TOTALLY STUNNING layout--I'm SERIOUS! Glad to hear you are feeling better--bummed that you missed CKU..take care!

kate blue said...

newbie here! loving! Hope you feel better, the flu is no fun!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

just gorgeous! Loved reading the story. Good for you for starting over again :) WELL DONE!

Ashley Horton said...

Definitely my most new favorite, Tina!! Love the way you used all of the Amy Tan embellishments and the compass you created is really awesome!! So sorry you had to miss your trip and that you got sick!! But glad to hear you are feeling better!!

Lizzyc said...

what an amazing layout filled with interesting and colorful embellishments, and the journalling is lovely and reflective... wonderful take on the challenge!

sandi said...

Love your take on the sketch! All the bits and pieces look fabulous together!

Monique Liedtke said...

What an awesome layout! Love this line (have it still lying unused waiting for the right photos) and it fits your photos and story perfectly.

Svetlana Austin said...

Tina there is something so special about this LO! I can't stop looking at it - it is like if you see something but realize that there more to it and you just can't understand what can it be. it is more that just another beautiful project from you...

Eila Sandberg said...

Always been wondering how you ended up in Utah and where you lived before that. Your journalling is special, so much being said without being written. Your page is different but still very much you. Like Sveta, I cannot quite put my finger on what it is. I know however, that I really love it!! Bless you darling! xoxo

10 comments:

Moongirl said...

Awesome layering! I love the paper line you chose.

Diana Waite said...

TOTALLY STUNNING layout--I'm SERIOUS! Glad to hear you are feeling better--bummed that you missed CKU..take care!

kate blue said...

newbie here! loving! Hope you feel better, the flu is no fun!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

just gorgeous! Loved reading the story. Good for you for starting over again :) WELL DONE!

Ashley Horton said...

Definitely my most new favorite, Tina!! Love the way you used all of the Amy Tan embellishments and the compass you created is really awesome!! So sorry you had to miss your trip and that you got sick!! But glad to hear you are feeling better!!

Lizzyc said...

what an amazing layout filled with interesting and colorful embellishments, and the journalling is lovely and reflective... wonderful take on the challenge!

sandi said...

Love your take on the sketch! All the bits and pieces look fabulous together!

Monique Liedtke said...

What an awesome layout! Love this line (have it still lying unused waiting for the right photos) and it fits your photos and story perfectly.

Svetlana Austin said...

Tina there is something so special about this LO! I can't stop looking at it - it is like if you see something but realize that there more to it and you just can't understand what can it be. it is more that just another beautiful project from you...

Eila Sandberg said...

Always been wondering how you ended up in Utah and where you lived before that. Your journalling is special, so much being said without being written. Your page is different but still very much you. Like Sveta, I cannot quite put my finger on what it is. I know however, that I really love it!! Bless you darling! xoxo