Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pretty Little Studio Advent Calender (aka My interpretation of a December Daily)

Happy Hump Day!  Wednesday's are such great days' of the week.  It's not Monday, so you don't have the dread of the work week, and it's not Friday, when you are rushing to get all your work done before the weekend!

Today, I'd like to share a project I created for Pretty Little Studio that was SO fun to make!

I'm not a Project Life, or a December Daily crafter, but I wanted to create a project that appealed to my crafty self, and would also appeal to my fellow PL and DD crafters.

To start my project, I used the December Daily journaling cards from PLS.  It took some time to put the entire project together, but each card was pretty easy to make.


 Before I started 'decorating' each card, I typed a daily activity on the back of each card.


My list of activities include:

1.Cut out paper snowflakes.

2.Eat dessert first.
3.Donate food.
4.Eat breakfast for dinner.
5.Go Ice Skating.
6.Make Christmas cookies
7.Read a Christmas book.
8.Make Hot Chocolate.
9.Watch your 3 favorite Christmas movies in one night.
10.Eat something red & green for dinner.
11.Stay in your pj’s all day.
12.String popcorn for decorations.
13.Make an ornament.
14.Decorate the Christmas tree.
15.Go for a drive to see Christmas lights.
16.Create a snowscape with Shaving Cream.
17.Sing Christmas songs.
18.Blindfold kids and guess holiday scents, like gingerbread, cinnamon, and mistletoe.
19.Hang Mistletoe.
20.Take silly Christmas photos.
21.Have a Christmas scavenger hunt.
22.Have a picnic in front of the Christmas tree.
23.Write a Christmas story together – each person adds a line.
24.Tell Christmas jokes.
25.Merry Christmas. Open presents.

Then, I sprayed each card with Glimmer mist to age the card a bit.


After the cards were dry, I began assembling each card with various die-cuts, patterned paper, twine, and tags.  To add more sections to the calendar, I also added 3 ‘fillers’ at various sections in the calendar.

If you do participate in December Daily, the great thing about this calendar is that after each day has passed during the Calendar advent season, you can -re-use the card in your December Daily album, while you document the calendar activity. What fun!






Most of this project was created from the Jingle Bell collection.  It is such a fantastic Christmas collection and I just LOVE the die cuts and designs.


If you are looking for more holiday inspiration, please make sure and stop by the Pretty Little Studio blog.  The DT has been creating some awesome holiday projects, layouts, and cards!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you enjoy the rest of your Wednesday!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Tracy said...

LOVE THIS!!!!

Taniesa Vlasak said...

What a awesome idea!!! Beautiful.

Ashley Horton said...

This is a really fun project Tina!! Love all of the daily activities and the cards turned out so cute!!

Briana Johnson said...

WOW - Absolutely gorgeous! I love the layering, so nice!

Tanya Ham said...

This is seriously AWESOME! I love this!! I need to bookmark this list, there are some wonderful holiday prompts here!! Thank you so much for sharing this!!! :)

sandi said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! These are amazing! Love all of them!

soapHOUSEmama said...

LOVING this!!!

Ashley Calder said...

What a great idea!! Love the cards, love the activity ideas, and I love the way you've stored them in the file drawer. :)

melshappyscrappyplace said...

What a cute, clever idea for a DD!

Dee Tollaksen said...

Tina, I am definitely stealing your 25 ideas: such a good way to make holiday memories for the family!

Maria said...

Such a cute idea!! I have to save this list!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Eila Sandberg said...

My gosh Tina, HOW darling this is!! seriously gorgeous project! my oh just look at all those cards!! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...